Will Fenix L0D Q4 be "current" for a while?

shudder

Newly Enlightened
I just received my first Fenix (the E0 from Fenix-Store) and I really like the fit and finish. I'm already itching for another Fenix light and am considering the L0D as a replacement for my 3 hour old E0. What can I say, I have a sickness... Anyway, the only problem is that, with the way Fenix seems to upgrade models so often, I'm a little worried that I'll buy this tonight and it will be upgraded with a better, brighter LED in a week. Does anyone know if there are any updates or upgrades on the horizon for this model? And I do realize that the L0D Q4 is plenty bright, but again...the sickness.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix could have gone with the Q5, but they stuck with the Q4 because they generally have a lower Vf than the Q5's, and since they run on AAA's, the lower Vf is more desirable. I'd get the LOD-CE now.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm already itching for another Fenix light and am considering the L0D as a replacement for my 3 hour old E0.

The L0D is a terrible replacement for the E0. They should instead go together. :thumbsup:

E0 for the long runtime, L0 as the 'primary' when bigger brightness is needed.

Could be a few months until the next L0D comes out. I'm still happy with the brightness of my old P4 Cree version, the Q4 should be plenty bright for a long time.

Alero

Enlightened
Yeah, even my old r80 is terrific. I also got mine to replace a brand new E0, and guess what....once your LOD arrives, your E0 will go into a drawer somewhere and you'll never use it again. At least, that's what I'd bet my money on. The only reason I ever use my E0 is for silently walking around te bedroom at night. It hangs by the lanyard from my nightstand lamp.

Also, you're going to quickly be spoiled by the white color of the beam. I can't stand the bluish tint of my 5mm LEDs anymore, mostly thanks to the LOD.

cv3po

Banned
Lots of folks here still love their Lux LOP's let ALONE the Cree LOD's. The Q4 will indeed be a special light for quite some time and well worth the bucks! :twothumbs

Buy it and you'll be a happy human

shudder

Newly Enlightened
Well, I went ahead and ordered the L0D about 5 minutes after I made the original post. I know I'll love it, based on the comments I've read here. I also ordered some rechargeable AAA's for it, since I hear that it's just insanely bright with those. I'm pretty excited. Thanks for the advice. You may be seeing my E0 on the seller forum soon (I actually bought 2, but think I'll give my mom one for her keychain).