Need help finding a hen's tooth...

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using your collective wisdom, is there such a light which satisfies most or all of these requirements? This would be my perfect EDC.

1) Cree or SSC, 1AA cell, capable of running on NiMH
2) 2-mode only, please! Low and high, with enough difference between the two to make low truly useful for close-up and/or stealth.
3) Access to modes in following order: LOW-HIGH-OFF
4) Twisty, please. No clicky. I use low brightness 90% of the time. I don't want a clicky that I first have to click through high just to turn it off. A low-high-off twisty would turn onto my most-oft used mode with a twist, then twist off.
5) Low must render a truly significant increase in runtime. PWM is OK, as long as it is a higher frequency than my LOD-CE "psychedelic shroom disco light" when on low or medium.
6) Regulation would be icing on the cake, but I guess not 100% essential with NiMH.

Is there such a light?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe one of the Liteflux lights. They have a complicated UI, but once programmed, you should be able to access low, high, by twisting, then twisting some more, and then twisting all the way back for off. You could adjust the first on position to a very low low, and then the second position to high.

I have the AAA Liteflux LF2, I don't have a AA version yet. Hopefully someone else can provide more info about the AA Liteflux.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Closest thing is either as Wade says, the LF2 or the Nitecore Defender. The NDI you even have momentary for the low mode, and momentary for the high mode, and you never have to see the strobe if you dont want to. Not a twistie, but considering why you want a twistie, should be fine.

Crenshaw

Cheapskate

Enlightened
Closest thing is either as Wade says, the LF2 or the Nitecore Defender. ... Not a twistie, but considering why you want a twistie, should be fine.

I second the Nitecore. It 'can' be a twistie, just turn it on once, and thereafter just twist the tailcap.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, the best fitting lights are the Liteflux LF4(they don't seem to be on sale anymore) and the Nitecore. The Nitecore is a clickie(or an odd twistie if you keep the tailcap clicked) but you can have it start on high or a low low.

The Fenix L1T V2.0 might also work but low mode is probably too bright and doesn't have a long enough runtime.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, guys. I knew you would be able to rattle off some suggestions virtually from memory1 I'll look into these. The UJC B-6 is actually the light that got me got me thinking it was nearly ideal for me, other than the clicky and quality.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, guys. I knew you would be able to rattle off some suggestions virtually from memory! I'll look into these. The UJC B-6 is actually the light that got me thinking it was nearly ideal for me, other than the clicky and quality.

Last edited: