Question about my SF U2

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
is it normal that only half of the LED lights up when on the lower 2 stages?
i've never seen this before. until right now when i pointed it into my computer screen and looked at the reflector

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just shined my U2 against the PC screen and all four parts of the LED are lighted even at the minimum level. Have you checked the batteries?

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I think that the Lux 5 has a die made of 4 sections. I have noticed on a LK4 that when the batterys are drained on mine and you slightly push in the momentary push only one or two of the 4 sections light up. I presume they have a lower Vf than the other to so o/p before the others. i presume a similar thing going on in the U2.

Dan

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it normal that only half of the LED lights up when on the lower 2 stages?
i've never seen this before. until right now when i pointed it into my computer screen and looked at the reflector

This has been seen on LuxV driven at very low level. 2 dies light up before the 2 others.

Illum

Flashaholic
considering luxVs utilize a series-parallel configuration, only the series part would light up if there are insufficient current output from the cells, but why they would use dies of different Vfs we might never know:shakehead

Paladin

Enlightened
I would check that out carefully on the higher levels with fresh cells. The first U2 I got had half the die "dark" on all levels, and was replaced by the vendor.

Paladin