Writing an article....need help

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Thanks to whomever posted the link to homepower.com. I was writing a letter in response to an old article of theirs, they asked for permission to run the letter, I asked to revise it, and now I am doing an article for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, what I need is a few things. I already have the words, I just need sources and proof. I need the following:

Max lumens per watt for LEDs (in production and testing)
Max lumens per watt for halogen (production and research)
Specifications for a typical fluorescent fixture. I need the amps input and the amps and volts output of the ballast, and the lumens per watt of the bulb.

Thanks for any links you may have,
Spud

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
BUMP!

These tiny little pages don't let many topics be on at once. I am going to need a few sources (and pictures apparently, at least that is what they are saying now, but pictures won't fit in very well with the article I had in mind).

Bill.H

Enlightened
Tater,

Try this page: http://misty.com/people/don/light.html

Plenty of links and info, he's got a flourescent page too.

For example [ QUOTE ]
USA usual 100W "A19" incandescent - 17.1 lumens/watt.
Compact fluorescents - mostly 45-60 lumens/watt including ballast losses.
32 watt T8 fluorescent in "average condition" - typically around 80 lumens/watt including ballast losses

[/ QUOTE ]

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bill.H. for that link. Just what I've been looking for.

Although I'm not writing an article, nor do I have any hard info to contribute, I have been monitoring this link. I have noticed that white LEDs seem to be no more efficient than the better incandescent flashlights -- contrary to commonly-held ideas. Your source indicates to me that, at least in the recent past, LEDs have not been much more efficient than incandescents.