Fenix E01, any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
holy crap! that looks nice.....seriously....4sevens! when when when!?

look like the Jet-u crossed with the Arc-Gs

Crenshaw

cv3po

Banned
I just joined edcforums and am awaiting approval. Can someone please tell me the specs on this light? Thanks much!

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
E01.jpg

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
(Cut'n & pasted from the link above)

Introduction of Fenix™ E01 Flashlight

The Fenix E01, a perfect portable mini LED flashlight, with negligible volume and weight, can be put into your purse, pocket or simply be fastened onto your keychain. It could serve you as your reliable companion at any time. Though it is compact in volume, the Fenix E01 has amazing performances. You will be marveled at its excellent brightness and extraordinary long runtime, high reliability & durability, outstanding water resistance and its exquisite workmanship. All these make it become your best choice to add to a flashlight collection or to give as gift or to serve as your close companion.

Features

• Utilizes a Nichia white GS LED with a life of 100,000 hours
• Constant brightness: 10 Lumens
• Uses one 1.5V AAA ( Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium ) battery, inexpensive and widely available
• 7.1cm (Length) x 1.4cm (Diameter)
• 21-hour working time ( 11-hour sun mode plus 10-hour moon mode)
• Made of aircraft grade aluminum
• Durable Type III hard anodized finish
• 14-gram weight (excluding batteries)
• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
• Reliable twist switch
• Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle

Operation
Turn the head of the flashlight clockwise to turn on the flashlight. A counter clockwise turn will then switch it off.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

Funny thing is I just ordered a E0 the other week, just before they went on sale. :oops:

That's okay though, it was still pretty cheap. :) Now I'll be able to compare the old E0 to the new E01! Can't wait.

kevinm

Enlightened
It says Nichia GS (a 5mm). 10 lumens for 21 hours; 11 sun and 10 moon mode. $13-15. If they chose a good bin for the emitter, these could be really nice.

Kevin

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It says Nichia GS (a 5mm). 10 lumens for 21 hours; 11 sun and 10 moon mode. $13-15. If they chose a good bin for the emitter, these could be really nice.

Kevin

I think it's 10 lumens for 11 hours in the sun mode, then it drops out of regulation and gives 10 more hours in moon mode, which will be less than 10 lumens.

lightknight

Newly Enlightened
Can't see anything exciting in 10 lumens. And it's not even shorter than a P1D. But 17 times dimmer.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't see anything exciting in 10 lumens. And it's not even shorter than a P1D. But 17 times dimmer.

It's meant to be a small AAA light that gives usable light for a long period of time. Think of it as an emergancy keychain light, etc.

LOD-CE 11 Lumens(8.5hrs)

LOD on low has similar output, but after 8.5hrs it will leave you in the dark. The E01 gives 10 lumens for longer then 8.5hrs, and then gives you another 10 hours of moon mode.

Compare it to the highly regarded ARC with a GS LED:

Minimum Output10.5 Lumens (new GS LED)Minimum Runtime (alkaline)5 hours to 50%

The Arc will be down to 50% output (5 lumens) after about 5 hours, while the E01 is claiming to be to 10 lumens for 11 hours.

See why some people are excited? :)

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say I am quite impressed! Maybe the cheap Arc-AAA killer?
I'll wait for reviews and then probably order a pair.
Finally something with knurling and it doesn't have the "cheap look".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts