Like the UF S/S C3? Check the S/S WF-C6S!

bspofford

Enlightened
I have the stainless steel C3 light and love it. I also have the stainless steel C1, and the chrome WF-C6. Today I received my first stainless steel WF-C6S for a couple of bucks more than the stainless steel C3, and it is the nicest of the bunch.

The emitter is a P4, and it is brighter and whiter than the stock emitter on the stainless C3. Regarding the finish, it is polished stainless steel, not brushed like the stainless C3. Moreover, the finish is better overall. My stainless C3 lights all had some sharp burrs on the threads that required attention, but none of these C6 lights seem to be rough. I immediately changed the lens o-ring to GITD, and the WF-C6S has a nice shelf that holds a stock 20mm GITD o-ring from DX very nicely. The reflector is OP aluminum and threads nicely in place. Tightening the reflector doesn't cause the o-ring to pop out. Next, I put a GITD switch cover behind the clicky, and the one-mode switch itself is in a nice aluminum module. The light accommodates both CR123A and 16340 cells, and there is no battery rattle even with shaking because of the spring in the tail. I also swapped the black lanyard for a more refined silver version.:thumbsup:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
What is the length of this light? Is it under 3 inches ? Do you have a primary CR123A to see if it gives decent output or it really needs RCR123A for brightness?

Between C1, C6 and C6S which would be your favourite? I have been eyeing the chrome/brass C6 because it is shortest of the bunch.

- Vikas

Last edited: