CPF n00b: Dangers of ordering over the phone

mdork

Newly Enlightened
First poster here. After an irrational amount of reading different posts, threads and reviews I called up Pacific Tactical Solutions (awesome service and prices) to order a P2D Q5 (natural finish) thinking it would be the perfect EDC and/or glovebox light. My mistake was calling instead of using the website. The guy who helped me was so freaking friendly I ended up caving and getting the P3D Q5 as well after I asked which he would recommend! They shipped both today so I'll have them in time for a camping trip this weekend. I'm sure I'll find a use for both and am super excited to finally have some quality flashlights. I was about to spend $250 on a Surefire when I found this site and ended up getting 2 great looking flashlights for HALF what I was going to spend on the Surefire.

I suppose this is a relatively useless thread but I wanted to say "thanks" for the great info and announce my entrance to the Fenix fan club :twothumbs

e2x2e

Enlightened
Cool! I'm going to enter too, as soon as I order the TK10. Can't freakin wait!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

I hope you like the Fenix!

Many of the dealers here are very friendly and know what they are talking about. Most of them also have a membership here so you can contact them that way too.

mdork

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gunner12. I would have liked to support some of the dealers in the forum but didn't see any that were on the west coast (so I could get them by Friday). I have a feeling this won't be my last purchase....I'm already eyeballing that TK10 :D

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi mdork,
Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure talking with you today!
Yah, I get a little excited :shakehead when someone mentions a P2D Q5 since I EDC one.

In true CPF spirit; if you can't decide which flashlight to get, get both. Yah, I think you'll be here for a while. :D

I sent you a PM ;)

mdork

Newly Enlightened
HA! Speak of the devil! :devil:

I guess I should have known someone who EDCs that Fenix would be on CPF. Can't wait to get mine! :grin2:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
to order a P2D Q5 (natural finish) thinking it would be the perfect EDC and/or glovebox light. My mistake was calling instead of using the website. The guy who helped me was so freaking friendly I ended up caving and getting the P3D Q5 as well

Oh, that is a pity!! Good choices ;):welcome:

yekim

Enlightened
Sooner or later the Surefire bug will hit you because of folks talking them up even after they buy all the fenix lights out there. You might think you got away scott free, but you just got hooked on the "gateway" flashlights and will sooner or later head for the heavy stuff, even if only to just experiment with them.

Enjoy your lights. I started on a Dorcy Metal gear many hundreds of dollars ago. Then it was Fenix...

It is all down hill from here but at least it gets brighter the further I fall.

mdork

Newly Enlightened
Sooner or later the Surefire bug will hit you because of folks talking them up even after they buy all the fenix lights out there. You might think you got away scott free, but you just got hooked on the "gateway" flashlights and will sooner or later head for the heavy stuff, even if only to just experiment with them.

Enjoy your lights. I started on a Dorcy Metal gear many hundreds of dollars ago. Then it was Fenix...

It is all down hill from here but at least it gets brighter the further I fall.

I know you're right and I'm kind of excited to get one but I'm happy to wait until they get some brighter/more efficient LEDs in the line up. I still want that U2 Ultra really bad and I have a feeling want will soon turn to NEED! :D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you're right and I'm kind of excited to get one but I'm happy to wait until they get some brighter/more efficient LEDs in the line up. I still want that U2 Ultra really bad and I have a feeling want will soon turn to NEED! :D
oh sure, the L1 is only $135, its only ONE light, what can possibly go wrong? cant possibly get hooked as well.....right?:naughty:

Crenshaw

mdork

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to PTS I had a package waiting for me when I got home yesterday :twothumbs

I like them both...I did a side-by-side test against a 6D maglite and was amazed how much brighter the little Fenix was. Granted the batteries in the maglite were a bit old but its more of a "bonker" than a light anyway. I have a feeling I'll be double-fisting all those lumens at the campsite this weekend :D

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Sounds like you like it!

Maybe your next light would be a good LED thrower that would at least match the 6D with fresh batteries(Dereelight DBS).

Have fun camping! You might get a few requests of where to get the light, so be prepared.

yekim

Enlightened
Sounds like you like it!

Maybe your next light would be a good LED thrower that would at least match the 6D with fresh batteries(Dereelight DBS).

Have fun camping! You might get a few requests of where to get the light, so be prepared.

No no no...what he needs to do now is hot rod the mag....:twothumbs