Battery Leak in my Fenix L2D CE...How To Clean?

C

charge

I had a battery leak in my L2D. What can I "neautrilize" the acid with. There is just a little bit in the tailcap and some in the end of the body.

Thanks,
charge

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I use CLR on mine. Works pretty good but I keep it away from the electronics just in case.

Roger

e2x2e

Enlightened
I use Isopropyl rubbing alcohol. It isn't terribly harmful to electronics, as it evaporates very fast. Just let it dry.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
One reason you would be terribly unlikely to see any Alkaline batteries in any light I really care about!

When you do get it cleaned up, do yourself a favor and get at least 4 Eneloop, Hybrid or Hybrio Low self dischage batteries and a Duracell 4 place with 4 segmented charge indicators charger and do away with leaky alks!!!

warlord

Enlightened
Alkaline batteries don't contain acid, they're basic. Rinse with vinegar then water...wear gloves and eye protection. As said before you don't need much...

Consider using rechargables next time to avoid this problem.

C

charge

Thanks for all the advice. i had been using Ni-MH rechargables and Energizer Lithiums, the Duracells were a "in a pinch" type deal. I was using it to inspect the inside of my acoustic guitar when I noticed the flat rubber tailcap now looked like a bubble:ohgeez:

I learned my lesson, I'll be getting more rechargables soon.

thanks again folks,
charge