G&P M3 weapon light?

kevcut1

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of buying one of these G&P M3 lights off of Ebay for about $45 and than switching out the P60 style bulb (65 lumens) with a R2 led 240 lumens which should be extremely shock-resistent and very bright, plus it will save me a lot of money compared to the other weapon lights out there. Has anyone tried this light on a real handgun? :whistle:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of buying one of these G&P M3 lights off of Ebay for about $45 and than switching out the P60 style bulb (65 lumens) with a R2 led 240 lumens which should be extremely shock-resistent and very bright, plus it will save me a lot of money compared to the other weapon lights out there. Has anyone tried this light on a real handgun? :whistle:

no.
but I can suppose it's made for air soft guns and it won't last long on real firearm...like most of RED DOT sights...

Big Bad

Newly Enlightened
I bought one and put it on a Glock 34 a few weeks back with a R2 drop in but haven't taken it to the range for a troture test yet. Seems decent quality build and is a lot brighter then my Glock Laser Light that I moved to my Glock 19.

My attitude was that it is worth a try, I doubt if it will survive as well as an expensive weapon light on the battle field, but I'm happy with it for a house gun.

I'll add more after I go to the range next time, but as it's LED and the glocks don't have a very sharp recoil, I'd be supprised if I have an issue.

Wait a second...

Ok, pulled off the battery compartment and unscrewed the head and I don't see any wires at all,more metal not plastic body to the head, switch seems solid, but I'm can't see inside to tell how it's made. Only warning is the glass lens isn't held in place so be careful not to drop and break that. I'd say worth the money and the wait.

Mitch

Big Bad

Newly Enlightened
Went to the range today and ran about 250 rounds through a Glock 9mm with the light mounted the whole time. about 150 with the light on constant or playing with the momentary feature. No problems at all, it will survive more than an airsoft gun for sure.

Mitch