Do you guys buy lights to fill a purpose or buy them first and find purpose later?

jugg2

Enlightened
Probably some of both. Most of the time I have a purpose in mind though. For some reason I can't think of any examples right now.:confused: I gotta go get some coffee, lol.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
not a "collector" so i buy them to fill a purpose. but sometimes i do make up purposes so i can fill it with another light :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
If I was honest I could live with just a Peak Pacific I have no need for anything else and yet I find I have in my collection a WE Boxer, WE Rattlesnake, WE Raider Various Maglites, in different configurations, Electrolumens and my smaller Peak lights not to mention the DX style lights I've bought.
So to me it's a hobby I mod, sell and buy all for fun and I'm sure there are plenty of others here just like me. :)
Norm

scottaw

Enlightened
Bought my Novatac's and Surefires to find the perfect EDC, bought the wee b/c i thought it was cool....depends on the day really

Monocrom

Flashaholic
What is this thing called "Purpose," that you speak of; Good Sir? :thinking: :p

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I buy my lights to fill the purpose of buying them first so that I can then enjoy myself in finding a purpose for them later. ;)

Zenster

Enlightened
I buy them to fit a purpose; to chase away the dark in all the various flavors that dark comes in.

At this point, I've found almost 3 dozen purposes and counting. :broke:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Purpose...? PURPOSE??!! Your mean there is a PURPOSE??????? :thinking: I just buy lights!!:D

Karl

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Personally, I started with a fairly simple EDC some years ago, then got a better EDC, and since then I've specialized a little for specific purposes.. I have a L0D for my keyring, replaced my EDC with a NiteCore DI because it has a very low low, which I need for Geocaching at night, and soon I'm hoping to get the new Fenix TK10 for a compact high output thrower for the times when I need that.

I don't have the budget to random buy lights, so most of my lights have a specific reason for purchase. That's not to say I make the best purchases sometimes, such as I got the L0D for geocaching only to realize it's low output was quite high, 20 lumens or so, where I was looking for 2-3. I still keep it on the keychain with a 10440 battery for a super high output pocket rocket floody light. :)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to try new stuff. If the need arises, it will be a keeper, if not then its off to CPFmarketplace.......where others can benefit from it.

Latest posts