Bison Sportslight 2AA: initial impressions...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been "tinkering" around lately, buying a few inexpensive lights to appease myself while I wait for my SF E2e (...my wife wanted to get that for my Bday in July, and the waiting is KILLIN' me!!!). Anyway, I ordered a Bison 2AA from theledlight.com (GREAT service, BTW), and for the price, I hafta say, I'm pretty pleased. At it's tightest focus, it's not as bright as my Brinkmann Nexstar 2AA, but when the focus is opened up there's no comparison...the Bison is far superior! The focus won't open as far as the Nexstar or a minimag with a Nexstar bulb, but for beam quality and brightness at wide focus the Bison beats the other two, hands down! For a $14.00 light, I'm pretty pleased with it. I may HAVE to drop another $19.00 for the Bison 2C...see what y'all have done to me!!!?
grin.gif
My initial impression is that the Bison 2AA with it's "Isoradiant Optics" is a pretty good light for the price...anybody else care to elaborate?

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJD,
Instead of the Bison 2C, let me suggest the Surge. Someone just sold one for $20 here. TTS has it for about $25. You won't be dissapointed. TX

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
txwest...you already recommended a Surge, I took you up on it, and you were right. It's one of my favorite lights
grin.gif
...thanx!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Empath

Flashaholic
There are some here that like the Bison 2C light; I've seen the reviews. Based on that I did purchase one, along with the AA version. I wasn't impressed by either. The 2C did have a fair beam. It seemed only slightly, if at all, any better than your typical Garrity, Lumilite, Rayovac or Energizer 2AA and 2C lights.

Still, there are apparently some that love them. So, who knows?

Brock

Flashaholic
The 2 C isn't much brighter then the 2 AA, but the beams are comparable. They may even use the same lamp. The biggest advantage for the 2 C is the runtime. The lamp pulls 650mA and a C cell has 8350 mA in it your looking at about 10 hour runtime. The disadvantage is the size and weight.