HDS Systems        

Thread: Surefire E1e with Lumens Factory bulb

Default Surefire E1e with Lumens Factory bulb

Hello guys,

Whilst in Florida, I picked up a Surefire E1e. I must say, it is a very nice light, with a useful pocket clip.

However, whilst the output is pretty white, it lacks punch. I wanted an EDC incandescent light for outdoor use, but this was not powerful enough.

So, in true flashaholic spirit, I intend to modify it. The plan is to drop a Lumens Factory 90 lumen bulb into it, and an AW RCR123A cell too. Now my question is this. Is that 90 bulb lumens or torch lumens? I'm guessing probably bulb lumens, in which case it is ~59 torch lumens. Has anyone done this upgrade that can comment?

Thanks, Mike

Default Re: Surefire E1e with Lumens Factory bulb

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSalt View Post
    Hello guys,
    So, in true flashaholic spirit, I intend to modify it. The plan is to drop a Lumens Factory 90 lumen bulb into it, and an AW RCR123A cell too. Now my question is this. Is that 90 bulb lumens or torch lumens? I'm guessing probably bulb lumens, in which case it is ~59 torch lumens. Has anyone done this upgrade that can comment?

Thanks, Mike
    Fairly certain it's bulb lumens mostly throw with a moderate amount side spill.
    Norm