Best Under $20 1 AA Flashlight from DX?

Centropolis

Enlightened
I already have a Romisen RC-G2 from DX. Well, actually it is being shipped (I think). The general consensus for the RC-G2 is that it is more of a thrower.

I want to know if anyone has experiences with any under $20 1 AA flashlights from DX that has a good SPILL.

I am a little scared of ordering from DX because it seems like my orders are not coming up in my account even though I ordered them 4 business days ago. However, I think I will eventually receive my items.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've received an RC-G2 and a SAIK (Romisen) RC-A3

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5346

from DX. The G2 definitely has more throw, a very tight beam. The RC-A3 has more spill, in my opinion, a more useful beam, but is not quite as bright. It lives in my laptop bag now, which makes it almost an EDC. Both are nice lights, the RC-G2 particulalry so for its build quality and nice throw for such a small light. And the A3 for it's form and downright useful beam and output.

I've never set up an account w/DX. Each time I've ordered, I've gotten a confirmation e-mail from them, and from PayPal. Then either an 'it just shipped' or 'we're sorry it's taking so long...' e-mail some days later from them, telling me of the the fate of my order. I've only checked on an order once from DX, so I don't know what happens if you try to see what's posted on your account.

The only thing that irks me about DX is that they will split your orders, if you order more than one item at a time. I ordered a few things in one order, and they sent me an envelope with one packet of o-rings. All the way from Hong Kong - just the o-rings. It was nice, but they could have waited to send it with the light. So, if you've ordered a bunch of stuff, and you get a 'we shipped it' e-mail, you'd better check your account and see exactly what they shipped.

fishx65

Enlightened
I agree with Ninja, both the 5-mode and single mode MTE P-4 are nice lights with lots of spill and extemely smooth beams.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sku 1892. Durable as hell! Spent last summer as my commuter bicycle light, then I upgraded to a Q5 with a better driver and 14500 li-ion. Now its even better! But run time has suffered horribly (14500 at almost 1A).

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sku 1892. Durable as hell! Spent last summer as my commuter bicycle light, then I upgraded to a Q5 with a better driver and 14500 li-ion. Now its even better! But run time has suffered horribly (14500 at almost 1A).
Now that is a WOW!!! light.
:thumbsup::twothumbs:clap::bow:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is a WOW!!! light.
:thumbsup::twothumbs:clap::bow:

Brighter than my 3D magled w/ ssc p4 and about the size of a roll of quarters :D

Did some math a while back, and given the original measured vf the led should be seeing about 600-700mA when calculating with a 70% eff. board. There on numbers somebody posted on dx regarding eff, look up sku 4735

Last edited:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
1892 does not have good reviews. It is basically venerable Elly; those were great couple years ago as those were the first AA Cree based lights. But now you have more and better options.

I hate repeating myself but the SS C3 is the choice for $20 AA light. If it is $10-$15, then couple of Romisens would be the best.

- Vikas

sims2k

Enlightened
I will second that...The best and most durable $20 AA light is the stainless steel C3 with the RC-A3 following it in term of spill. Steel beats aluminum any time hands down.:twothumbs

Latest posts