Streamlight Keymate Batteries Online

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
I own several of the little Streamlight Key Chain led flashlights. I always find it hard to find batteries for them but they're such little handy flashlights. Anyone know where I can find Batteries for them online. In packs of 10 ro 20 or even 30 for that matter. Everytime I go to shop for batteries it's always confusing because I can never find the exact battery number and have to look for batteries that will double for it. Thanks for the help.

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
The ad mentions "Freshness" Do these batteries die after enough time in storage? What I'm asking is, would it be a bad idea to buy 60 of these little critters if I'm just going to store them in my safe for a rainy day?

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
The ad mentions "Freshness" Do these batteries die after enough time in storage? What I'm asking is, would it be a bad idea to buy 60 of these little critters if I'm just going to store them in my safe for a rainy day?

Anyone?

gunga

Flashaholic
THese are basically small alkaline batteries, so yes, all the usual rules about freshness apply.

Don't buy 60 expecting them to be nice n fresh 10 years from now.

There is a lithium equivalent to 2 of these batteries. Buy those and they will last longer, and run longer. I believe they cost a lot more tho.

If you find a source (I have not checked battery bob yet) let me know since I have a keymate too and would like to pick up some batteries.

EDIT: You can also use the SR44 batteries. THese are silver Oxide and should also last longer (and cost more). You can also get a 4SR44, which is 4 batteries together. $6 tho.

2nd EDIT: I think I found the lithiums I mentioned. CR-1/3N about $5 each!

Last edited:

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
THese are basically small alkaline batteries, so yes, all the usual rules about freshness apply.

Don't buy 60 expecting them to be nice n fresh 10 years from now.

Forgive me, I am still learning when it comes to batteries so I am not quite up on how long a battery should last. About how long can I expect these things to stay fresh and at what rate or percentage do they fade over what duration of time? 10% a year?

There is a lithium equivalent to 2 of these batteries. Buy those and they will last longer, and run longer. I believe they cost a lot more tho.
2nd EDIT: I think I found the lithiums I mentioned. CR-1/3N about $5 each!

Will they fit right in the keymate or will I have to modify something?

gunga

Flashaholic
Not sure about typical button cell shelf life, but like alkalines, I expect maybe 3-6 years? They can leak. I don't usually stock button cells so couldn't tell you if they are more leak resistant than the usual AA sizes.

If you get the Lithiums, and buy 2 (you will need 2 for the Keymate) you can put them straight in, no mods needed.

I cannot confirm that is absolutely the right size yet, I think it may be on Wikipedia. I know they do exist because I used to use them in film SLRs years ago when they used 2 LR44 cells.

It depends on if you want to spend around $10 for a set for your keymate!