Got my L1!

jugg2

Enlightened
Hey guys, I got my L1 today! From what I can tell so far it is a great light (can't wait till dark). It does have a greenish tint, but it's not very noticeable.

Anyways, how do I get the little plastic piece that the lanyard attaches to off? A quick reply would be much appreciated because I am about to have to leave the house in a little while. TIA!

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Got my L1! Need some help quick...

Short answer - it's not ment to be detached easily, it will break off under heavy force.
There are some instructions on this forum how to get it off without breaking it, but it's a little tricky..
Green tint is good (blue is worse), some people say it renders colors better in the woods.

jugg2

Enlightened

Wow thanks Daniel! Personally I don't like lanyards at all, so I don't really need it. I don't have much time to mess with it but I'm gonna give it a try.

jugg2

Enlightened

Sweet I got it off! I put a tiny nick in the the HA, but if you didn't know what to look for you couldn't see it. Thanks a lot!

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am glad I could be of help.
Don't worry about the HA nick, dings and scratches add character to the light :). At least now you don't have to worry about making the first scratch on your light and you can fully enjoy it now :).

jugg2

Enlightened
Alright, I've benn playing with this thing outside for a little while, and it is absolutely amazing! Big thumbs up to SF:twothumbs! The low is the perfect amount of light for just walking around at night, but bump it to high and it is flat out amazing! This thing will be riding RF pocket from now on. This is my first SF LED, but it sure won't be my last!