Which reflector/optic for older KL1

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this KL1 which I put a Seoul in. The current reflector is an IMS 17 (I think) which was in it when I got the light. It then had a LuxIII in it.

IMG_4712.jpg

The beam is good, but I really want something that fills up the space inside. Think I would prefer a reflector, but optic suggestions are also appreciated.

Sverre

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the original Luxeon emitter, the McR20 textured reflector has the perfect length and gives an outstanding beam. There is a McR20-Seoul reflector, but I don't know if it also fits well in the KL1 head.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you:thumbsup:

How bad is the stock circuit?

Anybody tried any of the Kathod reflectors/optics?

Sverre

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you:thumbsup:

Anybody tried any of the Kathod reflectors/optics?

Sverre

I rather like the IMS17 in the old KL1 with SSC, and I have 2. I know, it looks small through the window, but it works well. The Khatod 17 smooth reflector looks nearly the same to me. I have Khatod 20s, but could not see how to fit them into the old KL1. I guess they would need to be cut down, then I think the beam would be different.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this KL1 which I put a Seoul in. The current reflector is an IMS 17 (I think) which was in it when I got the light. It then had a LuxIII in it.

IMG_4712.jpg

The beam is good, but I really want something that fills up the space inside. Think I would prefer a reflector, but optic suggestions are also appreciated.

Sverre

I have one almost exactly like your setup except my KL1 is one of the very first ones ever made :) I use a Khatod reflector with a Seoul P4 handpicked for very low Vf and left the circuit stock. It's about 4.5x brighter the the original low dome purple tint Luxeon.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an USVOH from Photonfanatic in mine. The batch I got all had low Vf and very warm tint.

The Kathod 20mm optic seems to be fitable, don't know how the beam is though.

Very nice general purpose light with the beam it has now; great spill and smooth transition to a decent hotspot.

Just bothers me to have all that empty space around the reflector I guess;) replaced the GITD o-ring around the reflector with a black one so it isn't as bad as it was.

Sverre

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
For the original Luxeon emitter, the McR20 textured reflector has the perfect length and gives an outstanding beam. There is a McR20-Seoul reflector, but I don't know if it also fits well in the KL1 head.

I modded an oldschool KL1 with a Seoul once. As I recall, I used a regular McR20, but still had to slightly trim the reflector even though I used a thinner UCL lens. With a standard Pyrex lens, the upper part of the head wouldn't screw all the way down. Still, with some trimming, McR20 is a very good fit.

Latest posts