RIP my father-in-law

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I learned today that he passed away last night. It was sudden, apparently of a heart attack after doing some yard work. He was 89 and worked up until the end.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Condolences, PW.

233160699_4biA3-M.gif

Larry

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of us wish to live that kind of life and go that kind of way but I know that doesn't make things any easier so I'm sorry as well. Is mom-in-law still with you?

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. Yardwork at 89. Celebrate his life.

My fatherinlaw died last May at 91. Still going strong. Had fished with me the day before. I have his Bronze Star from WWII on my office wall. He was a hoss. Sounds like yours was too.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
My condolences. :mecry:

I had a great aunt (maternal grandmother's sister) like that. She was still growing tomatoes at 90. Nobody really knows how she died, but it was on the way back to the store to get two cents back which she was shortchanged for. She may have been the victim of a mugging, but nobody will really ever know.

It's sad you father-in-law died, but he lived a decently long life, and more importantly was active until the very end, not stuck in a nursing home for the last 20 years like many are. We should all go that way.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate your kind words.

My mother-in-law passed a year ago. That was a little more expected as she had been in poor health and was rather frail in her later years. My father in law wasn't in the best of health, but like BigIron said, he was a hoss and pretty much took care of business until the end. He was still teaching machine shop (he was really good at that, a stickler for precision) even at his age. We should all be so lucky to have his energy and lucidity at that age.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Condolences from us here

My Mother-in-law was put on Hospice care this week, and Dad is in horrid shape - I doubt he'll make the summer

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry for you too. When my mom was put on hospice care, it was really hard on my father and the rest of the family and my mom felt real bad seeing what everybody was going thru.

Condolences from us here

My Mother-in-law was put on Hospice care this week, and Dad is in horrid shape - I doubt he'll make the summer

Marlite

Enlightened
At 89 and still active till the end, his work here was finished a life to celebrate for sure.
He passed on his knowledge so his teaching was his legacy.

Condolences to your family.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang PW, I'm sorry. 89 and still working hard, I hope we can all be so fortunate.

:buddies: