Fenix P2D Q5 in Olive?!?

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Well, it looks like Fenix is rolling out some cool new stuff. Hidden amongst it all I noticed that they are also finally going to be making the P2D in the Olive finish!!:grin2: This time around with a Q5.
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_55&products_id=408
http://www.eliteled.com/products/flashlights/fenix-p2d-q5.html

A couple questions (hopefully 4sevens can chime in here):

1. Have they fixed the problem with the light flashing on startup in dim mode?

2. How long till the R2 or better version?

3. How does the output and the TINT compare to the rebel 100 versions? I love the color temp of my current prem100 model.

Thanks in advance all,
-Pete

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally going to be making? :) I've had a Fenix P2D Q5 Olive HA on my belt for about a month now.

Mine doesn't flash on low startup like my older P2D Q2 did. No idea about the R2. Tint varies from light to light, even the Rebel 100's had a lot of tint variations.

pbs357

Enlightened
I've bought 2 P2D Q5's from Fenix-Store in the past month, and both have zero startup or mode changing "flash." As for tint, one of them is much cooler, almost on the blue/white side, while the other is much warmer. Such is the lottery...

FYI I did sample 2 different P2D Q5's from Pocketsunshine and they both had flash.

Last edited:

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Finally going to be making? :) I've had a Fenix P2D Q5 Olive HA on my belt for about a month now.

Mine doesn't flash on low startup like my older P2D Q2 did. No idea about the R2. Tint varies from light to light, even the Rebel 100's had a lot of tint variations.

Well, [sheepish grin] I guess that exposes me as having not paid too much attention to flashlights for the last two months or so.:eek:

Happy to see some cool new stuff is starting to come out though and I'm glad that they fixed that start up flash. I was waiting for them to bring Olive to the P2D. I really got lucky and love the tint on my rebel100 though - it feels about a step brighter than my Olight T10Q5 and about two steps brighter than my Nightcore DI. I am telling myself to hold off for an R2 or better model to see a real increase in output but we'll see how my willpower holds up....

Thanks for the quick responses guys.
-Pete

Latest posts