ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Cold Cereal?

Default What Is Your Favorite Cold Cereal?

I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch Reduced Sugar! In any variety of milk, or soymilk, anything cinnamon rules
    强光手电是我最爱得

Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Cold Cereal?

Kellogg's Coco Pops. "Just like a chocolate milkshake only crunchy."

Kellogg's Coco Pops was described "as the children's breakfast cereal that children most want to eat, but which parents would prefer that they didn't" by a parent's jury on the Food Commission. This ranking was achieved due to a level of added sugar approaching 40%, second only to Froot Loops followed up by Nutri-Grain and the promotion of chocolate as a breakfast food.
    No, a torch does not always mean flames.
    Ian.
    LED Driver List - now database driven and with new search features.

*Flashaholic*

Reese's Puffs. Unfortunately, it's been years since I could afford it (last I checked it was over $10 for a 14 oz box). Now I eat either oatmeal or Malt-O-Meal, the latter only when it's on sale. My favorite of the Malt-O-Meal cereals is either the Fruit Loops or Fruity Pebbles (they call it by other names actually). Their shredded wheat is nice also for a change of pace. I'll pretty much eat any cold cereal unless it's unsweetened, or it's in flakes, or both. I can't stomach anything with flakes. They get stuck in my teeth and irritate my gums. Maybe adding milk might help but I never could stand eating any cold cereal with milk. Too soggy, too messy, the milk dilutes the taste, and that much cow's milk probably isn't too good for you either. Besides that, at over $5 a gallon it's way too expensive for anything but coffee.

Deleted
    Last edited by Norm; 03-28-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Flashaholic*

jtr1962, if those are the prices you're paying, you need to move further upstate! Wow! Reese's Puffs 13 oz. box is $2.89 and a gallon of whole milk is $2.99 around here. Organic whole milk is up to $5.99, but somehow using organic milk on a lot of popular cereals just doesn't add up. I've got to have milk with my cereal.

I prefer granola, Grape Nuts, or hot oatmeal but I'm an old guy. I also like Honey Nut Cheerios or Frosted Shredded Wheat once in a while but I buy our store brand of any cereal since no one can tell the difference (and trust me, I really tested them all out) and it saves a ton of money. I put the store brand cereal in a different container when the kids were young and they kept saying they were so happy we got the name brand 'cause the store brands were never that good. Little did they know...

By the way, be very careful to check the unit price buying cereal. Why? The same size (dimension) box can weigh less at some stores and cost you more per pound while looking like the same package (i.e.: a box that measures the same on the outside of the box might weigh several ounces less depending on the store you shop). Several national chain stores ("Super" stores) have been doing this for years.
    "Show them a light, and they'll follow it anywhere..."

CAP'N CRUNCH
    SUREFIRE M3-G3-6Z-C2-6PD-E2D-E1B-E2DL-LX2 / NOVATAC 120P / LUMAPOWER IncenDio-Q5 / FENIX L1D-Q5,P1D-Q5,L0D-Q4 / ZEBRALIGHT H30-Q5 / NITECORE Extreme,EX10-Q5,D10-R2

Mini Weetabix Fruit & Nut

Regards,
    Tempest

Flashaholic*

There's a new grocery store in my town, a U.K. brand called Fresh-N-Easy (I call it Fresh-N-Sleazy hahaha). For me, it's all about their house brand cereal with mixed berries already freeze-dried in there. Awesome stuff, and I haven't gotten sick of it yet after like 10 boxes in a row.

It only took two boxes of Special K with the strawberries already inside, and now I can't even look at it without gagging.

Flashaholic*

I like Fruity Pebbles, or Cocoa Crispies. As a bonus it is very dense so you get a lot in a bowl!

I love me some Vector! I don't like the price or marketing though.

Apple Jacks!
    Then Fruit Loops.

Frosted Flakes.

They're grrrrrreat!

The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

LUCKY CHARMS

Flashaholic*

corn flakes!
    "Old LEDs never die, they just fade away."

Flashaholic

chocolate chex when i feel like being a kid
    kashi dogfood cereal when i feel like eating healthy

Quote Originally Posted by chmsam View Post
    jtr1962,

I prefer granola, Grape Nuts, or hot oatmeal but I'm an old guy. I also like Honey Nut Cheerios or Frosted Shredded Wheat once in a while but I buy our store brand of any cereal since no one can tell the difference....
    We must be the same age because we sure like the same cereals. I can also throw in a bowl of Raisan Bran and Cream of Wheat once in a while.

Bill
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Don't do breakfast.

If I must, then brose. But NEVER cold.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by chmsam View Post
    jtr1962, if those are the prices you're paying, you need to move further upstate! Wow! Reese's Puffs 13 oz. box is $2.89 and a gallon of whole milk is $2.99 around here.
    Most of the name brand stuff here is $4 to $6 a box but it seems certain cereals which the store knows are popular sell for more. Occasionally Reese's Puffs might go on sale for around $5 (still too expensive for me) and it gets sold out within hours. The 14 to 20 oz Malt-O-Meal bags run $1 here when they're on sale (usually every 2 or 3 months). I'll usually grab 20 or 30 so as to last me until the next sale.

Lowfat granola. It holds up well in milk, staying sweet and crunchy, and it's healthy enough that I can justify it. Maple flavored oatmeal is a close second, although it's a little too sugary to have it often.

Flashaholic*

I switch around some but keep coming back to Raisin Bran and yup, agree the store brand seems to be just as good.
    I live in a van down by the river

Flashaholic*

Bran flakes. I often sprinkle a half teaspoon or less of Nesquik on it.

In a pinch, raisin bran will do.

In no particular order, by Post: Rasin Bran, Honeycomb, Alphabits. Also on my list would be Frosted Mini Wheats which I think is produced by General Mills, and also Shreddies and Frosted Flakes. Once in a blue moon I have a hankering for Fruit Loops.

I use to love Apple Jacks back in the late 60's/early 70's while watching the Saturday morning cartoons but haven't had a bowl of them since then.

Least favorite back in the day would have been a cereal called Wheatabix, even though a NHL Toronto Maple Leaf player by the name of Norm Ullman shilled for Wheatabix on TV.

Still have an unopened box of Flutie Flakes sitting around which some Buffalo Bills fans may remeber from that team's Doug Flutie as QB era.
    Last edited by LumenHound; 03-28-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: link added

Hahaha Re: What Is Your Favorite Cold Cereal?

A long long time ago I used to love Rice Crispies loaded down with tablespoons of sugar

Couldn't resist adding this

(Image hosted on my bandwidth, not hot linked)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LumenHound View Post
    ...snip...Least favorite back in the day would have been a cereal called Wheatabix,

Hehehe

On one of the mailing lists I'm on, there are 2 banned topics - pendilums, and Wheatabix

What happened was - many years ago, the moderator went on something like a months vacation, and bot topics came up - ad we must have run 100-200 message, a day on them - in particular, the best way to eat a wheatabix, what IS a wheatbix like (Most American had never seen one) and "alternate uses - like scrubbing pots, burning them, filling potholes etc

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds

Shredded wheat. No frosting, no sugar, just milk. Fruit sometimes. Mmmm good.
    Got Biodiesel?

Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls. It's like a healthy version of Life cereal. ("Mikey likes it!") I also love raisin bran, most currently, the Trader Joe's variety, and many of the Kashi cereals. Usually, I like to mix the Shredded Spoonfuls with varied Kashi cereals, such as Go Lean, Go Lean Crunch, Heart To Heart, or Good Friends. Mini (lightly) frosted Shredded wheats are good too. We've currently go the Trader Joe's brand of that.

Cereal is one food that, for me, is great any time of the time. When I can't sleep, I usually eat a couple of bowls of cereal and then go right to sleep. Sometimes, I'll wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep unless I eat cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuso View Post
    LUCKY CHARMS
    Yep, that's probally my favorite guilty pleasure as far as cereal goes. But I mix it 1/1 with regular cheerios to tone down the sweetness a bit.
    I do the same thing with Honey Bunches of Oats, mix it 1/1 with Corn Flakes.
    Good stuff.

Flashaholic*

Too me it tastes a little too much like hay without the frosting. Even with the frosting because the sugar is surface only, the cereal contains less sugar then many what you would consider non sugar cereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Bomber View Post
    Shredded wheat. No frosting, no sugar, just milk. Fruit sometimes. Mmmm good.
    I live in a van down by the river

Default Re: What Is Your Favourite Cold Cereal?

I'd have to say it's a split between Captain Crunch with Crunchberries and Cocoa Pebbles (or Cocoa Crispies if it's on sale; they taste very similar to one another).
    Last edited by The_LED_Museum; 03-29-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Corrected a misspelling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast