Carabiner LED

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone seen these before. Great idea, what better place to hang your keys and always have on-hand. I just woder about the quality of the head unit itself

Check it out
Ebay page

clightsilver.jpg

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I've seen two types, this one that uses 5 button batteries, and there was one that ran on a single AAA -- but I lost the link (was a regular web page, not e-bay), would rather have that one for the ease of battery use...in fact I will search again later, it was the kind of page that you ordered stuff and had it engraved with your company logo -- although I don't know how bright it could be on a single AAA, at the price I seem to recall them selling for, I doubt there is any kind of useful circuitry in there.

ott

Newly Enlightened
I bought from the AA souce you mentioned and it turned out that they us 4- ag13 batteries. The light is pretty bright (on the white side), my kids where arguing with me which was brighter the stock one or a mod with brightest Nichia. Of course Nichia won IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The aluminum is pretty cool. I've got about 20 of them and $5US would include shipping if you want one brother. Got black/red/blue. The blue or red are sweetest unless you like black.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
O o, I missed the listing... o well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Let's see if they have this with a white LED - the ebay version has a blue LED that not too many people like or use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(Edit) Nope, they only have red & green. Even the bulk pack doesn't have a white LED flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
So when is somebody going to mod this to put an Arc AAA head on it? Come on guys, you're getting slow, we should have at least seen a luxeon mod by now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WalMarts in my area were selling these a few months ago, or one that was identical to it. It had a blue LED and ran on 4 AG13 button cells...the output was PATHETIC at best! I thought that maybe I'd gotten one with some weak cells, so I put fresh ones in, and ya know what!? The output was STILL pathetic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif!!
Anyway, if you're thinking of bidding on one of these on ebay, IMHO I'd say don't waste your time. They were only about $4.00 at WalMart...don't know what the bidding is starting at on ebay, but at $4.00 they were overpriced! Real POS...cheaply made with a very dim LED. Kinda like something you'd expect from "LED Club". FYI...

PJD

ott

Newly Enlightened
Well, like I said I didn't find the output to be pathetic. Its super easy to put a diffrent led into it with a small piece of scrap proto board. Its the solder connection which when screwed hits the battery. I found it to be cool- your not going to climb mount everest with it, its for keys or whatever; but the piece looks pretty cool imho. Consider manufacturing this yourself for $5- good luck! Also it seems that it could be drilled to accept a 'AAA' battery- though I'm not a flashlight modder. Anyway, I'll ship one to you for $4 US incl. shipping and led museum, since you made such a great site, send me your addy and I'll send you one to check out brother (I don't have green to match your hair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.