Hello CPF!

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF! (and CPFMP too!)

Although this isn't my first post, I'd like to officially say hi now. :wave: I will also apologize for the excessive use of smilies in this post. Just getting it out of my system. :naughty:

I don't usually have much to say, so I'll say it all here now. I first found this place many years ago while looking for more info about the Arc RGB that I apparently could no longer get. I guess that's roughly 4 years ago. Not sure why I didn't stick around during that time, but I'm back now, and probably sticking around for good.

This place rocks! Lots of helpful people and there's a tonne of info to be found. However, I'd also point out how :devil: EEEEEVIL :devil: this place is ..................... to my wallet.

:paypal::paypal::paypal: :broke:

The "What was your first loved flashlight?" thread brought back some memories. Specifically the blocky Duracell Durabeam flashlight. I think the last one in the house was thrown away a few years ago during a cleanup. I have some cheap old metal flashlights around too. I'll try to dig them up and take pics later.

They were eventually replaced when my dad bought a mag. There are now a number of them hiding around the house which I'll eventually get to upgrading or modding. I'm currently trying to figure out what I want to do with a 4C. I like LEDs, but I've also seen some pics of the incans around here. Awesome and Scary. :eek:oo: :eek: :faint: The fire starting videos are amusing but a couple of co-workers now want fire starting flashlights. :ohgeez:

As for my own lights, I can't say I have a "proper" collection just yet. I have a 2-AA minimag, 2-AAA minimag, a 4-C mag, Streamlight Stylus Reach (which I initially bought for fountain pen inspection, another $$ hobby), and a Coast LED Lenser which takes 4 small button cells :green:. Since registering, I have an NDI on the way, as well as planned Li-Ion cells and chargers (yes, that's plural for both), and a couple of group buys are interesting. :twothumbs I managed to keep myself from getting a 120P along with the NDI. :D

Oh, the only SureFire in the house (so far) is my brother's M111. He wants at least 125 lumens on LED, with 200+ being preferred, ideally with about 60 min runtime. He's currently not using it since both his bulbs blew and has no replacements yet.

Thanks for increasing my debt, CPF! :crackup: :grouphug:

Oh BTW, what's with the censored M*g and M@g that I occasionally see around here? Haven't figured that out as it seems kind of arbitrary? :thinking:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh BTW, what's with the censored M*g and M@g that I occasionally see around here? Haven't figured that out as it seems kind of arbitrary? :thinking:
:welcome:

I think it's because Mag once sued Arc Flashlight for laser inscribing some text around their flashlights' bezels, and that's Mag's copyright or trademark or something. It happened before I got here, though, so maybe someone can give a first-hand account.

Have fun modding your Mags, and enjoy your stay here. :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Oh, the only SureFire in the house (so far) is my brother's M111. He wants at least 125 lumens on LED, with 200+ being preferred, ideally with about 60 min runtime. He's currently not using it since both his bulbs blew and has no replacements yet.

Well, you can send the light to Milkyspit to be modded to fit what he needs.

As for the Mag, I remember it having something to do with Maglite's need for suing anything remotely close to their designed.

I hope you like your incoming lights!