Streamlight nano light

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I bought one @ Bass Pro a couple of weeks ago. I hung it on a zipper on my Maxpedition Vulture II backpack. Its brighter than the Dorcy 1xAAA that it replaced and about 1/4 the size. IIRC I paid $8 for it mainly just to see if it was any good. It is actually a lot better than I expected, battery life is unknown though. The light itself is just a hair taller than a CR123 and the clip increases the length to about 2xCR123. I don't have a ruler handy, but I do have a CR123 laying here :nana:. The "reflector" isn't reflective, just black, and the head has a slightly larger diameter than the body.

Roger

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
I bought 1 for the old lady and 1 for myself. I was very surprised at how bright it was. Don't know a lot about throw and overspill and such,but it was very bright for its size. Well worth 6 bucks!:p

docflash

Newly Enlightened
i've bought a bunch of them; they make good gifts. i don't have an easy way to measure the output, but in my office with the fluorescent light on, the beam center (maybe a couple of feet across) will easily be seen on the wall across the room (maybe 12-14' feet away. with the lights in the room off, the spread of the beam easily lights up the floor close to me with the body of the light held horizontal.

the light itself casts a bluish colored beam - but in the dark, that's probably easier to see.

one gotcha - in the ones that i bought early this year, the end would unscrew while on my keychain. this results in the 4 LR41 cells falling out. i just took some teflon plumbers' tape and wrapped it around the threads - now it's perfect.

it's listed as having a 10 lumen output, with 8 hours of run time. that sounds about right. it's not a whole lot, but in a light that's no longer than the middle joint of my index finger (and a LOT smaller in diameter) it's pretty good. i always have 4 or 5 lights with me, and having a nano as a back- back- back- back- backup is reassuring.

oh, and the idea of it as a zipper pull is genius!! just be sure to teflon tape the threads.

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
Although I don't really use it anymore, I had mine on my keychain for a long time before I fell down the LED/flashaholic hole. I was always impressed with the brightness of such a tiny light and it gets the job done! I used the keychain clip that it came with for my Leatherman micro until I forgot to take it off my keychain a d TSA took it away :(.

Great little LED though!