• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Looking for someone to mod my MagCharger.

mazingerz9

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm looking for someone that can mod my MagCharger. Since I'm going to use it for camping, I need decent runtime, probably one hour per charge. Yet brighter than the standard bulb. Suggestions are welcome.

Please post or PM me about this and if you have other suggestions please let me know. I would love to hear it. Parts that I really want are better, brighter light source and new battery packs that last longer.

Steven

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can mod it yourself. Just add a 5-pack of 1/2D NiMH cells and the WA1160 bulb. I'll see if I can find the link for the battery pack.

The fully tricked out mod would also include a FiveMega metal reflector and ceramic slug. But the stock MagCharger will work. I'm going to be selling a fully tricked out MagCharger60 pretty soon and an 8-cell MagCharger85, with modded charging system. PM me if interested.

Josey

Here's the link, although some of the info is looking old, so you might want to send them an email. The pack you want is a the bottom of the page: the 1/2D pack. It says 3,500mAh, but I belive they are selling the more powerful 4,000mAh cells.

http://www.batterieswholesale.com/battery_packs_5_cell.htm

Last edited:

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
You can't order anything from BatteriesWholesale ("Online ordering unavailable till Monday 24th 2007") ??? I think that ship has sailed :)

You can order this, however, http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1154 - I know because I have myself. Unfortunately, you'll get only about 35-40 mins. per charge with the 1160 bulb. But you will have nearly 3x the output of the stock Magcharger. A mod nearly anyone can do themself.

Last edited:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Evil. It looks like you can't order anything.

Be careful of the battery space link too. For the NiMH pack they are showing a lower capacity NiCd pack.

I hope Batterieswholesale comes back. They were selling the 4,000mAh 1/2 D cells. You still might want to send them an email. It would be worth it if you can get the larger capacity cells.

Josey

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Be careful of the battery space link too. For the NiMH pack they are showing a lower capacity NiCd pack.

Yeah, Batteryspace pic wrong, but correct item shipped.
3500mah.jpg