Jet Beam U!!!!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a Jet Beam U AAA on BST. I must say this is a really cool light that has impressed me and seems to have flown under the radar. It seems really well made and has amazing output for its size. I also have a Fenix AAA and can tell you that I much prefer the Jet Beam for two reasons. The Jet Beam has a flood beam that is almost perfect with the OP metal reflector in it. It is almost like having a miniature L4!!!! Secondly the memory function which returns the light to the previously used mode is invaluable. You don't have to scroll through all of the modes to get to the one you want or most use. While it does get warm on high using Energizer E2 cell this is understandable if you consider how much light it is putting out.

It is really cool to look at the Seoul emitter that is in the U and realize it is the exact same emitter used in my Novatac 120P but in a much smaller body.

I have yet to try a 10440 cell and am apprehensive about doing this. I have read that the emitter starts to turn blue on high using these cells. This is the first sign of "punch through". Anyway, just thought I would share this with anyone interested in getting one of these jewels.

Paul
:thumbsup:

glenda17

Enlightened
I just sent away for one after posting a wanted ad in the classifieds. I am glad to see your post. I really think floody lights are more usefull for everyday tasks and detail work. I build amplifiers in my spare time and use my KD Bucklelight a lot but I have zero confidence in it lasting. I can't wait for my Jet-u to arrive. I don't think you can buy them new anymore. Seems all the manufacturers are making focused miniature spotlights instead of practical floody smooth flashlights.