surefire compatability chart???

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
Just looking for a every option surefire ahs in a chart. going by the series(M, C, E) looking for heads (KL3, KL5, etc...) and tail switches (SW01, Z58, tec...) maybe even list the models under their respective series, like the M2 should be in the C series not the M series, based on head and tail diameter/ measurements. I think this would bring alot of interest if everybody would chime in on their knowledge of compatability and either another member or I could organise it into a nice easy to read chart. Just a thought and I know it would be helpful.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
No one wants to chime in on even the littlest info?? I guess Ill start.
C-series
-Heads- C2, KL3, KL5, Z44, Z32, M2 bezel ??, .....
-Tails- SW01, SW02, Z41, Z48, Z49, Z58, Z59, ......
M-series
-Heads- M6, M4, M3, I think the M2 is different.......
-Tails- ......
E-series
-Heads- E1L, E2L, KL2, KX2, KX1, E1E, E2E, E2D, E1B,
-Tails-.....

Dunno if this setup will be suitable or not but Im willing to track everybodys info and put it on paper...erm...screen...Lol

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
M series heads - M2 is different...will not fit on the others mentioned. the KL2 will fit the M3, et all though

E series tails - Z57, Z61(I think - the blk version of the Z57)

Boltgun

Size15's

Flashaholic
2sparky,
The trouble I see with you attempt is that it is not nearly detailed or comprehensive enough.
For example, what is a "C2 head" ? SureFire doesn't even use the term "head" - they use Bezel. And why not give the bezel it's correct name - Z44-BK (or -HA)
Why isn't the 6P or Z2 or C3 listed as well?

The M3T, M4 and M6 all use the same TurboHead bezel - the Millennium TurboHead.
The M3's bezel is the Z46 btw

The E1L uses the KX1 bezel so is duplication.
The E1e and E2e bezel is the same.

I think this chart would be far better to be an actual excel spreadsheet.
Even better if there were photos of each product, and each item.
A start was made in the TailCaps thread with plenty of photos.

What about a web-based database in which the user could search & select any component and or whole flashlight and it would bring up all the flashlights that either use or can use the component, or every component that a whole flashlight either uses or could use.
With photos, and part numbers as well as product codes (where given) and descriptions.

As I said to do this well would take time and effort. I could populate a database and certainly quality check others efforts but I'm not in a position to write a web-based system to achieve this.

Al

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Well, I find my self selling my soul to this job, couldn't resist:faint:. Give me a week or three and I will have an excel spread sheet ready for this (saved also in open office format for those with oo instead:nana:). Email me @:
[email protected]

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Size 15s, could you rough out a quick list of tailcap/bezel model nos and their affiliated flashlights and I will transform that into a chart for everyone.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The TailCap thread is about as comprehensive as a rough cut is going to get and a definite starter. I don't have time to find the thread now though.
As for the bezels... Nothing has been attempted on CPF before.
I have a list of sorts on my home PC but I'm on vacation at the moment and won't be back until Monday. Listing the bezels is more coplicated because it lends itself to listing the various evolutions of the bezels - far more visual than the evolutions of the Clickie TailCaps for example.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The chart in porgress currently made by me is only of lamp assemblies and clicky tailcaps related to each light at this point (turbo heads too), other wise I leave the twisty tailcaps and the bezels to later and will have a draft of this chart in about 2 days, and will ask for some revisors to step forward

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
Wow this actually may turn out to be a good idea. I thought it was just looked over and Im glad to see I was wrong and that someone with alot more knowledge then me is going through with this. I know this will help alot of newbies and oldies out alot. thanks in advance for all the help and replies and work. I just wish I knew more about them, to maybe be able to help.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
I;m still working on it, just give me a few more weeks (I mean months, right now I don't really have all that much free time on my hands)

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Yeah, expect a some what finalized draft of this thing in the fall of this year. Way too busy at the moment to do revisions or completions (did I mention Junior year in high school is a pain?). Other wise hope to see you guys on the other end of this thing at some point