Rechargeable Battery question?

sbninja

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I recently bought a Surefire 6p and a Cree Q5 LED drop-in. I am thinking of getting a charger and rechargeable cr123 batteries from radio shack. would rechargeable cr123a have longer run times? Also will rechargeables effect brightness? (Newbie)
Thank's
-sbninja

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Most likely rechargeables (and you may want to verify your drop in can handle the higher voltage) will make it a bit brighter but usually runtime will be less than a primary. However if you carry a couple sets of rechargeables it is so much less expensive and with 2 sets you'll probably exceed the runtime of one set of primaries - and will save a bunch of money after even a few charges.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
:welcome:Community Hope you enjoy your stay here i did an dnt regret a moment of it but my wallet has not :crackup:!

Normaly Rechargeable Cells give less runtime but also they give higher output but over the long term they are guiltfree lumens so there you are, also rememba what matrix said make sure you check if they are compatiable with your light!!!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read good things about AW's RCR123s...I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a few of them myself.

:welcome: Hang on to your wallet!!! :eek: