Small LED lights that are waterproof

kooter

Enlightened
I have been asked the question if there are any small lights that are waterproof to around 100 feet, and i dont know. I guess the lights from underwater kinetics would be, but what about any others? :sick2:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you want a small light to be underwater to 100 feet?

Unless by small light you mean bigger than AAA size, which is "small" to me.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coast Frogman is waterproof to 60m.

When you say small lights. How small do you mean?

Cheapskate

Enlightened
So that it can be used while diving! As small as possible.

Having done a bit of diving myself, I am slightly puzzled. 'As small as possible' is fine for a backup light, say in the case of night diving, but for any other diving purpose such as a main light for night diving or something to illuminate the interior of caves/crevices during daytime, big and powerful is usually more helpful.

Princeton-tec make some small ones, as do Pelican:

http://www.princetontec.com/products/index.php?use=2

http://pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=1900N

Remember - Underwater, the fish can hear you scream, no problem.

Hans

Enlightened
The UK 2AAA eLED is pretty small. Not very bright though. Or any other light made by the usual suspects ... UK and Princeton-Tec, for instance.

Hans

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've also head of someone using the P1D-CE as a backup dive light, but I don't know how far he/she has been with the light.

If you want small with good output, a few of the 4 AA lights can also take P60 drop-ins. Not huge(bit not really small either).

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
The Tekna Splashlite LS fits the bill. Tiny simple twisty polymer CR123. It's actually designed as a backup dive light, so should do 100ft no worries. Not terribly bright and has a terrible artifacty beam, but I guess if you were trapped in the dark at 100ft, it would be just fine.

YuccaPatrol

Newly Enlightened
Because divers experience weightlessness, tiny is not so much a requirement underwater. Although many of our tactical lights are rated for waterproofness, you might still want to go with a "dive light".

The Ikelite PCa holds 6 AA batteries (they also have a smaller 4 AA version) and is very bright. I haven't figured out what kind of LED they are using but theyare advertising as a "5 watt" LED. Might be the brightest stock AA underwater diving flashlight out there? I also have a Princeton Tec Torrent LED, but it is larger and dimmer. However, it appears to be ripe for a LED swap to a Seoul P4. That is my project for this afternoon. . .

Last edited: