Info needed, I'm a new-b to high power lamps

harley121

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. I'm new to Candle Power Forums and have a question. I have an UltraFire WF501B. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, and just stopped. I did check the switch w/ a continuity checker and it works. Could the Xenon bulb have burned out in such a short time? I was not through the first set of rechargeable 3.6 volt batteries.

I'm told that LED bulbs last pretty much forever, are they as bright as the Xenon? The Xenon puts out a beam of 30+ yards.

O! One other question, what is a "Cree" flashlight?
All thoughts are welcome!

Thanks,,
Bob R

warlord

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I'm new to Candle Power Forums and have a question. I have an UltraFire WF501B. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, and just stopped. I did check the switch w/ a continuity checker and it works. Could the Xenon bulb have burned out in such a short time? I was not through the first set of rechargeable 3.6 volt batteries.

I'm told that LED bulbs last pretty much forever, are they as bright as the Xenon? The Xenon puts out a beam of 30+ yards.

O! One other question, what is a "Cree" flashlight?
All thoughts are welcome!

Thanks,,
Bob R

You can pull the module out an do a visual inspection of the lamp. The Cree's are a brand of LED's. Fortunatly for you your flashlight is compatable with drop in modules otherwise known as P60 modules. So you can buy one with a Cree in it and have the option of the either or.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The bulb might have blown. Check that for continuity.

As warlord said, try taking out module apart and inspect for a broken filament. If something is broken, then check this thread for a P60 drop-in for a brighter drop-in.

Cree is just a brand of LEDs. Most of the time when we say Cree, we mean the XR-E model, which is one of the current gen LEDs, like the Seoul P4 and the Luxeon Rebel.

A good drop-in should have no problem putting a beam out to 100 yards.

LEDs don't last forever(they slowly dim) but they last much longer then an incan bulb. Buy the time the LED has dimmed enough for you to notice, you would have probably bought another LED drop-in.

LEDs can beat most incan(out of the general public) for output and throw.

Feel free to ask questions.

:welcome:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
herley121 well come onboard....

visit the thread on the P-60 drop-ins. You have a good solid flashlight on your hands. Nothing fancy but it has the essentials. A relaible switch, a well machined body, and the ability to accept a variety of xenon and LED modules. And if the dody can accept 18mm wide batteries is a bonus too.

Have a good hunt and check again with your choice before buying...

all the best, KOstas