Whats the first led light you ever owned?

Led75

Newly Enlightened
Me my first led light was an Asp keychain light... Btw are they still made anymore?

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
back in 2003 i bought a fauxton under some other brand name. It only had the push foward to on kind of switch. i paid roughly US$10 for it. It was "bright" lol...for that time anyway.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

pbs357

Enlightened
I guess I'm a bit new to the game... my first LED was the venerable Golston 7Watt. Bought a few of the various versions, and still have the original "first" one I bought.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
:sick2: :green: :barf:

:eeew:

dscn9696la7.jpg

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I'd made a couple of LED lights from electronic shop kits, but the first real LED torch I owned was a CMG Infinity Ultra. I still have it and still use it.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I began to state that the first in my comparatively very modest inventory was the McLux TK made in 2003, however, in retrospect, I have an altogether faint memory of an admittedly crude, by todays standards, red LED keychain variant that was part of a giveaway package when I attended a conference in 1988.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I cannot remember the battery size, however I recall vividly how reprehensibly large it was and how it lasted a mere few days on my keychain before early retirement to the nether regions of my top desk drawer to remain in utter obscurity for years until I moved my residence and discovered that it no longer functioned. I quickly threw it away shorty upon that discovery.

In retrospect, its short stay on my keychain was a harbinger of my current philosophy, and, had it not been so ungainly, it would have likely stayed next to my keys for some time until a more competent replacement was readily available at a sensible price.

[/FONT]

Norm

Retired Administrator
CMG Infinity, which failed after about twelve months, was replaced by an Infinity Ultra under warranty still have it but never use it
Norm

Burgess

Flashaholic
Well . . . .

My very first flashlight with a "Power LED"

was delivered to my doorstep exactly 2 years ago today !

:party:

'Twas the unbelievably-bright Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon. :thumbsup:

Just one look, and i said to myself:

" Ohhhhh, so THIS is what everyone's talking about ! ! ! "

:twothumbs ___ :wow:

And the rest, as they say, is History.

:welcome:

_

worldedit

Enlightened
It was a Lucido Lightwave 2000. 4 very dimm 5mm leds, it replaced my Mini Mag. Back than it was the coolest thing i had, now i can only smile about it.

ingokl

Newly Enlightened
A Zweibrüder keychain LED light many years ago as a birthday present. My first "real" LED light(s) after a LOOOOT of reading in this forum for the last 10 month were a PILA GL2 with a Dereeligt DI dropin and a Nitecore Defender.

BBL

Enlightened
It was a Lucido Lightwave 2000. 4 very dimm 5mm leds, it replaced my Mini Mag. Back than it was the coolest thing i had, now i can only smile about it.
Same here, lightwave 2000 - I used it extensively in my time in the austrian army, back in 2001.

faco

Enlightened
Can't remember for sure but think it was the ARC AAA. Still works, been to hell and back thousands of times and can't die :twothumbs

john46268

Newly Enlightened
Back than it was the coolest thing i had, now i can only smile about it.

Mine was a Target keychain light that used 3 button cells and shone blue. It was dim but very high-tech at the time. I still have it somewhere, but its now low tech and about 1/50 as bright as my L0D! :caution:

Izual73

Newly Enlightened
My first ever LED light:
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Photon Sapphire Blue L.E.D. Light[/SIZE][/FONT]
ZZLBL.JPG

I thought it was amazing. :)

Latest posts