NDI Secret Mode!?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twice now its happened. I dont know how or why, but somehow, there seems to be an extra mode in the NDI. It is a slow strobe mode, something like 2 seconds on,2 seconds off. And if i leave it there, it will just go on like that,so it cant be a fluke. I cant seem to find it when i want too, but randomly, it appeared, twice!

anyone? :thinking:

Crenshaw

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
By now you may have figured out that this is the low-battery warning. I believe it only does this with Li-ions/3.7v. I can get mine to do it using the momentary On feature of the switch... sometimes. It will do it more readily when the battery is less than full charge. What I think happens is that there is less than stellar contact in the momentary position with this particular switch and the circuitry reads this as low voltage, kicking in the warning feature. I've found it annoying at times and will have to release the switch and click the light to constant On. I'm wondering if one of the newer switches would cure this for me. ?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh
yeah low v warning, interesting...will running this for a long time be detrimental to it?

yeah i broke down and got 14500s for it..from hk though. i have guilt free lumens now...heh

Crenshaw