Problems with an L2D head

wonginator1221

Newly Enlightened
I bought an L2D a little less than a year ago from fenix-store.com. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a problem with the light which I don't know how to fix. When I got the flashlight, I only had to apply a little torque to the head to get it to go into turbo. Now I have to turn the head quite hard to get it into turbo. It's not any harder to turn, but to get it to stay in turbo consistently, I need to turn the head as far as it can. Also, when twist the head, the light flickers in and out of turbo and low. If I recall correctly, I don't think this happened when I first got the flashlight. I realize that these are just annoyances, and I can live with them, but it would be nice to have it working properly again. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Also, I visited the fenix website for the first time in a year, and that TK10 looks pretty interesting.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Take the head of the battery tube, then clean the end of the battery tube and clean the head where the end of the battery tube will touch it.

DSC_5356A.jpg
DSC_5358A.jpg

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Like HJK said, try cleaning the contacts(great pictures!).

If that doesn't help, try to get a replacement from Fenix Store.

wonginator1221

Newly Enlightened
I cleaned those areas, it seems to work better, but not as well as when I first got it. The annoying part is that if I'm in medium or high and I want to go into turbo, when I twist the head, it goes back into low before I get it all the way to turbo. I can live with it though.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clean the threads on the body and head and that will solve the problem when you are turning it to turbo of it going back down to low.