It's a sad day for me my friends! But it just got better!!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well DHL lost my light! First they sent it to the wrong town then they realized there mistake and sent it to the right town right street wrong address.The driver stopped by and apologized said that he is pretty sure he delivered it to somewhere on my street but not sure where! I spent 2 hr's last night going door to door but no luck.You should of seen the look on there faces when i told them i was looking for my lost light.Many just told me to get another one whats the big deal "some people" Well, did DHL lose my fenix? NO did they lose my old style 6p?NO They lost my brand new in bag never used HDSU60XRGT! :(

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: It's a sad day for me my friends!

:shakehead I am sorry to hear this. I hope the person who received it will contact you soon..
Was it insured?

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Well the first guy did but who ever got it this time got it on the 24th so I'm thinking it's in some one's pocket by now

thermal guy

Flashaholic

It was not insured but it was sent signature required.And the driver did not get a signature ,he just put it on the front porch.I have filed a claim and they have said that it was totally there fault and would get me my money back as soon as they can but i don't want my money i want my light them are hard to get!

thermal guy

Flashaholic

They pulled the guy off the road but all they can do is refund my money

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

call the DHL and complain to the management, if the delivery driver lost a package by delivering it to the wrong address, you should get the value of the package back.

If they refuse to help you, a call to the BBB should help. It's up to them to find out where the package went. The two jobs of the drivers are to
1: not crash the truck
and
2: deliver the the package to the address on the label.

if they cannot do that then DHL shouldn't continue employing this guy for the job.

the unused U60XRGT cannot be cheap these days, don't let them get away with this careless mistake.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah DHL is probably the worst. What's a U60XRGT worth today since they are rare and no longer on production - I'd say at least $500 to $600 right? :naughty:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

They will refund me what i paid for the light but i will never find one like that again for any price:(

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast

They will refund me what i paid for the light but i will never find one like that again for any price:(

That sucks, it would have to be this one that got lost.

Can you post the S/N? That way if it pops up on BST or ebay we'll know it's yours.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMHO a new in the box U60XRGT...for $500?
That might be tough to prove to DHL since they can easily research the cost of the light and see that NEW it's cost is around $200.
From their perspective just because something is not being made doesn't double or triple the value.

I don't mean to be negative but extracting the "real" Value of that light from DHL is highly unlikely.

From the DHL shipping agreement:

6. DHL's Liability
DHL's liability is strictly limited to direct loss only and to the per kg. /lb. limits in this
Section 6. If Shipper regards these limits as insufficient it must make a special declaration
of value and request Shipment Value Protection as described in section 8 (Shipment Value
Protection) or make its own insurance arrangements. All other types of loss or damage are
excluded (including but not limited to lost profits, income, interest, future business),
whether such loss or damage is special or indirect, and even if the risk of such loss or
damage was brought to DHL's attention before or after acceptance of the Shipment since
special risks can be insured by Shipper. If a Shipment combines carriage by air, road or
other mode of transport, it shall be presumed that any loss or damage occurred during the
air period of such carriage unless proven otherwise. DHL's liability in respect of any one
Shipment transported, without prejudice to Sections 7-11, is limited to its actual cash
value and shall not exceed the greater of;
$US 100; or
For certain international Shipments in which the Warsaw Convention
applies, approximately $US 20.00/kg. or $US 9.07/lb., depending on the
applicable law; or
$US 10.00/kg. or $US 4.54/lb. for Shipments transported by road (not​
applicable to the US).

Looks like an uphill battle.
$500 for a HDS flashlight? Somehow I don't think so.
Yaesumofo

Yeah DHL is probably the worst. What's a U60XRGT worth today since they are rare and no longer on production - I'd say at least $500 to $600 right? :naughty:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Yea $500 would be out of line.As i said they will give me what i paid the buyer.It's not near $500.I still have a few houses to check but as the driver did not get a signature and is not sure where the hell he left it i am not real confident that I'm going to find it.The part that gets me the most mad is that when it was dropped off the first time the driver did get a signature so when i asked the guy i bought it from where was my light he checked and saw that it was delivered and signed for so i looked like i was trying to screw him.And believe me i am probably the most honest guy there is "trust me":thumbsup:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

How do you know the driver didn't just pocket the light? It's possible that he figured OUUU flashlight he can't be out more than $20 lets just see what's inside. Opened it up saw a small little sucker and just pocketed it.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Thats the first thing i thought of tebore but when the guy showed up he seamed very honest to me he gave us his name to put on the report and told us straight out that he would of remembered our house if he had dropped it off here.He could of said that he did drop it off at my house and just didn't get a signature.That way he would not of gotten in to as much trouble,but he was honest.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the DHL driver opened all "small" packages...
This is a rediculous concept.
If a driver is going to steal somthing don't you think he would want to take somthing of value?
Risk your $25.00 per hour for a $200 flashlight?
Somhow I don't think this is even a remote possibility.
Maybe I am stupid, I have faith in people, I trust the UPS and FedEx guys, the POSTMAN as well as the Guy who delivers DHL packages.
No making a mistake by misdelivering (and admitting to it) is a far more likley than stealing the light (how is he supposed to know there is a flashlight in the package..and that it would be so cool that he wants to rick his job to steal it?) and then admitting to mis delivering the package.
crazy.
Yaesumofo

How do you know the driver didn't just pocket the light? It's possible that he figured OUUU flashlight he can't be out more than $20 lets just see what's inside. Opened it up saw a small little sucker and just pocketed it.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Yep yaesumofo i have a feeling he just screwed up and left it at the wrong house.After all the crap i have went through so far if the light some how is found by one of my neighbors lets hope DHL has not founded my money yet.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the DHL driver opened all "small" packages...
This is a rediculous concept.
If a driver is going to steal somthing don't you think he would want to take somthing of value?
Risk your $25.00 per hour for a $200 flashlight?
Somhow I don't think this is even a remote possibility.
Maybe I am stupid, I have faith in people, I trust the UPS and FedEx guys, the POSTMAN as well as the Guy who delivers DHL packages.
No making a mistake by misdelivering (and admitting to it) is a far more likley than stealing the light (how is he supposed to know there is a flashlight in the package..and that it would be so cool that he wants to rick his job to steal it?) and then admitting to mis delivering the package.
crazy.
Yaesumofo

You'd think so. Most of the time I get damaged, stolen and missing packages it's those <$50 small pieces. Worst is I don't get insurance because of the small value. I'm out like 500-800 over the years thanks to this.

Truth is, it's stuff like that they can pocket or steal then say oh it fell off the truck(yes i've seen it happen when they load those little boxes I've seen the guy drop stuff and not notice) or some other excuse.

It's not $25 an hour either it's like $13-16 an hour, some have benefits. That's how they justify stealing stuff. It's like the $8.00 burger flipper that spits in your food.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sorry about what happened to your light.

I have learned from experience never to use a residential delivery address with DHL, UPS or other parcel carriers -- always a business address. I've come home and found too many packages left on my doorstep without a signature.

I'm fortunate that I can have packages delivered to work, but if you can't a good plan is to rent a mailbox at a UPS store or somewhere like that. They will take delivery of packages, sign for them, and keep them safe until you collect them.

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened

It`s impossible for the DHL guy to forget which house he

dropped the box off.

It`s probably lost somewhere, but not in your area.

It does feel a lot better for DHL to say " Yeah! we

delivered it at the wrong house than saying

"Gee, we accidentally delivered it to Iraq "

Hope for the best my friend ;)