Pelican M6 "220 hr" lamp life

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Pelican M6 \"220 hr\" lamp life

This light has become very popular very quickly, and one of its claimed features is an unusually long lamp life.

I have tried to find documentation of a specific burn life but have found conflicting claims ranging from 75 hours to 220 hours. Pelican is a reputable company, but the testing method has never been described and we have no way of knowing whether those hours are consecutive, sporadic or even if there is truth to any of those figures.

It would be useful for those who use this light to have a realistic appraisal of lamp life, especially heavy users whether professional or civilian.

I think that SureFire's bargain priced batteries will boost popularity of 123 lights, and more of us will be using them as "regular" flashlights for longer periods.

Anyone have information on Pelican's claims?

Brightnorm

Brock

Flashaholic
Re: Pelican M6

My lamp is blow now, don't know if it was a dud or what, but it lasted about 5 sets of batteries and I was only using it for runtime test, no jarring or shaking. It was only turned on about 15 times total. When it blew it was in testing, which is odd, usually when lamps go for me it is right when I turn them on, or drop them. Again it could be just a bad lamp.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

That's a little alarming. I sure hope it was a bad lamp.

Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic

One lamp blown is a little alarming?
Brightnorm,
Your over-reaction is panicing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
One lamp blown is a little alarming?
Brightnorm,
Your over-reaction is panicing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't panic Al! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My concern is that this light has no history to put that failure into perspective. If a SureFire lamp fails we know it's an aberration and that the vast majority will be fine.

I'd still like to know how those lamp life figures were derived.

Brightnorm