I forget how much I actually use my ARC AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a short business trip to Dallas on Monday evening, and tuesday day, and I threw my keys into my carry on bag, thinking that I didn't want to carry them all day, and then go through the metal detector.

Well wouldn't you know it, I was touring one hospital (I visited two that day) and they were showing me how they use palm pilots to do menu entry for patients, and they were complaining that the light is too low in some patient rooms, and the clerks did not want to turn on the light to do their menu entry and disturb the patient.

Well, I thought that the quig lite would be a perfect solution to this problem. No offense to ARC, but, the Palm Pilot requires you to use 2 hands, and the quig is designed to be used in the shirt pocket and angled to meet your lighting requirements.

Well, I jumped up, and said, how about a light that would be about this bright, yet can be clipped into a shirt pocket, and turned on by s click of a button? I reached into my pocket, and AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHH, no KEYS. NO ARC!

At that point, I realised how much I actually use my ARC.

With all these new lights coming out, it seems that the arc is not as exciting as it once was. I remember, when first joining CPF, ALMOST every post was about an ARC light. There were so many posts that CPF started their own forum (yes, at one time, ARC lights did not have their own forum!

Anyway, I thought yall would find this post interesting.

avusblue

Enlightened
I wear mine around my neck now, for just that reason. I use it at least once every day. And, it improves my chances of winning the geek of the year award. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have found a need to wear it around my neck when at home. And so now I have had to order another one to put on my keyring for when I'm out.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to use it again this morning. I had to change out a power supply underneath a cash register, and while I am underneath there, I realise I need a light, and bamm!

Out comes the ARC.

Bill.H

Enlightened
"you don't appreciate what you have until you lose it"

I don't know who originally said that semi-famous quote, but whoever it was, they were speaking of one of 3 things.
1. Freedom
2. Food
3. Arc AAA

I don't even put mine on my keychain, sometimes it's a pain the carry the whole thing. It stays in my pocket with a small leather fob so it's always with me. I didn't realize how much I came to use it until I lost it... I went crazy. Found it at work the next day right where I had put it down while working on something. I'd even left it on. I was kind of disappointed to find the battery was dead, an old battery left to run continuously for 20+ hours... I sort of expected it to still be at full brightness. Maybe there really isn't any magic in them after all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
It just seems that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woke up last night to the sound of one of our cats hurling in the bedroom. Arc AAA LE lit the whole dang bedroom up (nice wash of light) without waking the wife and I avoided stepping in it and cleaned it up all by the light of my Arc. Illuminated the culprit too! Waking up in the dark and using the Arc really shows you the power of that little sucker. Very cool, if I'd of used the M3 next to the bed it would've woken the wife up for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep,

My favorite Arc-AAA gets used way to much to attach it to my key. They would just get in the way. It has joined my keys and my wallet as the things I have to have with me whenever I leave the house. But unlike my keys and wallet which get dumped on a table when I come home, my Arc stays with me.

Pat

Darell

Flashaholic
My Arc has been joined by other EDC lights (McLux) but it has not been replaced. I don't carry my McLux EVERYWHERE, but I do carry my CPF AAA everywhere around my neck. Some folks would say that they're naked without their Arc AAA. But I've even naked WITH my Arc AAA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said: But I've even naked WITH my Arc AAA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to bring back a quote from the 80's, but . . .

Darell, that's a little TOO MUCH information! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.