Where to buy Cree...

stryker1080

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am developing a underwater flashlight and i've been doing quite a bit of research about what type of LEDs to use. Initially i was going to use the Lumiled K2, and then decided to use the K2 with TFFC. Those are not coming out for a while so i started looking into CREE XR-E Q5 bin.

I was wondering if you know of any places where you can buy the CREE emmiters in small quantities. Most of the distributers i contacted from the CREE website have minimum order quantities of 1,000. If anyone has any other suggestions of manufactureres or online stores which i could order LEDs i would greatly appreciate it.

I am looking for LEDs which have lumen outputs of 160+. The amps they draw is not very important, im more interested in getting high lumen output per emmiter. I have been searching this forum and many people recommend the CREE leds, especially since this K2 recall...

Thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are quite a few sites with different prices. Cheapest is here but it takes a while for the LEDs to get to you(2 weeks to a month). Sandwich Shoppe has the Q4s for sale. Cutter also has some but I've heard of slow shipping from them too. There are a few other sources that I can't remember right now. Some are in Europe and I think there are a few more in the US.

For that lumen range, the Cree P4-R2 bins, Seoul P4 U-bin, and the Rebel/K2 TFFCs should work. But Luxeon's LEDs doesn't seem to be as easy to get as the Cree and Seoul ones.

:welcome:

And Good Luck!