Klarus        

Thread: Messerforum with flashlight subforum is down since 1. april 2008

Flashaholic Mr.Urahara reloaded's Avatar

Sigh Messerforum with flashlight subforum is down since 1. april 2008

This is a really sad sad day for me

Actually, the messerforum.net, which has had a great flashlight subforum, is down for now more then 4 hours and i don't think it is comming up again.
    It was "the" reference for german flashoholics and some here at cpf where very activ and kindful like Long John, Hiltihome, Schrenz and many others and i know we have the cpf but it will never be the same again.

The "Knife"-Forum ( in german messer-forum) went down, because a new law against many kinds of knifes was engaged from today on and the administrator decided not to run against so many walls we have here with weapon laws.
    This includes the flashlight sub-forum, which IS a part of the knife-forum...

it was a really bad suprise and i hope some of the known suspects from there will post here to argue with me if this was the best thing fpr Pitter or if there was another way?

MfG Mr.Urahara, Thorsten Haubold ( first time i give my real name here)
    Last edited by Mr.Urahara reloaded; 03-31-2008 at 08:21 PM.
    Stop bubbling, use your brain, than open your mouth!

Default Re: Messerforum with flashlight subforum is down since 1. april 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Urahara reloaded View Post

The "Knife"-Forum ( in german messer-forum) went down, because a new law against many kinds of knifes was engaged from today on and the administrator decided not to run against so many walls we have here with weapon laws.
    This includes the flashlight sub-forum, which IS a part of the knife-forum...

That sucks! How can this be from the country that gives us such fine tools such as the JA Henckels and WÜSTHOF knives that I love and cherish in my kitchen????

Things are getting crazy all over the world. I hope Orwell wasn' too good at predicting the future.

1. April?????
    Dirk

1. April!
    1+

Hightower

Do they celebrate April Fool's in Germany?

I have heard of messerforum. And it is indeed a tragedy that open & honest discussion of both knives and lights is no longer available there.

Thankfully, there's still CPF; and we do have a small but steadily growing knife sub-forum. (I know it's not the same. But if you have a favorite knife or light related topic that was popular over there, why not recreate it on CPF)?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Do they celebrate April Fool's in Germany?
    [..]
    Yes, we do.......
    Sureholic ===<|
    "mehr Licht" (J.W.v.Goethe 1832)
    "more light"

April, April...
    "haben ist besser als brauchen"