• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD Milky L1 Special Reserve L2 Head K2-TFFC on Four-Flats Body

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
FOR SALE is one of the nicer Milky L1 builds I've ever managed to put together... decided to sell it to start off the new month. (Sell flashlight = one less flashlight in the house + earn some income = makes wife happy!)

Here's the label...

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-label.jpg

This one was the happy accident of having a good combination of pieces on hand... needed a SureFire L1 four-flats host AND a SureFire L2 as donors, plus a Luxeon K2-TFFC TWOF emitter... plus I'm tossing in the purple velvet sack as a little extra: had some made several years back as part of a Christmas present and recently rediscovered a couple spares! :naughty:

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-bag.jpg

The 'Special Reserve' designation is something new... decided to start using that designation to indicate a light that's somehow unusual, or limited in nature, or a step beyond the traditional build. In this case it's the combination of L2 head and four-flats L1 body that makes this ML1 unusual... for obvious reasons it's cost prohibitive to begin using L2 heads on all ML1 builds! :ohgeez:

BTW, the inspiration behind 'Special Reserve' designation came from the way certain winemakers identify one-off and otherwise special releases. (Exactly how much wine was consumed before coming up with the designation will be a matter for another time.)

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-head.jpg

The light is in excellent shape and even the anodize matches pretty nicely. There's none of that SureFire two-tone anodize thing going on with this head. I hesitate to describe anything as 'like-new' since folks tend to have various interpretations of the term, but this light comes about as close to that vague term as any I've got.

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-profile.jpg

The Luxeon K2-TFFC emitter is binned TWOF and centered well. Tint is the same slightly creamy white that others have noted. The beam has a surprisingly powerful hotspot given the fact that it's in an L2 reflector, plus a surrounding, softer secondary hotspot, and around that a reasonable amount of bright sidespill. At VERY close range (a foot or less?) there is a minor shadow ring reminiscent of the rings present with most Cree-based lights, but far less pronounced. At more typical ranges there is no ring present. Gotta say, it's a beautiful beam.

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-reflector.jpg

The four-flats body is one of my alltime favorites, feels great in the hand.

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-side.jpg

The dual-stage tailcap has a smooth action and even twisting is easy to do one-handed. IMHO the L1 tailcap is possibly the nicest dual-stage switch ever created. Kudos to SureFire on a great design! :eek:

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-tail.jpg

The light retains the stock circuitry, which generates perhaps 100 lumens high beam output for 90-120 minutes with 150+ hours of low beam output at 2-4 lumens (estimated). Primary 123 cells work great (of course), and though not all rechargeables will slide into the L1 battery chamber, the light is electrically compatible with the ones that do, no worries there. In the past I've found the MP branded rechargeables and SOME of the AW RCR123 cells could fit... to be honest, I leave this examination to the customer. I personally use primaries in my ML1's since the runtime and output are very good on primaries and I don't need to worry about whether I've charged the cell recently. (Note for those unfamiliar, this is a 1x123 light even though the length makes it appear more like 2x123.)

img-ml1-sr-l2-4flats-window.jpg

Now I'm undoubtedly biased, but to me this is a great light! Also one that won't be repeated unless I discover some magic source of L2 heads for the builds. Price is $245 plus shipping and sale goes to the first unconditional "I'll Take It!"

Shipping to USA uninsured costs $5.
Shipping to USA with insurance costs a total of $12.
Shipping internationally costs $29 via EMS with tracking and up to $100 insurance coverage.

A note on insurance: I cannot cover lost or damaged packages (only a one-man shop after all)... so if you're concerned about this risk, please order insurance on your package. That said, so far I've never actually had a package lost... so this is purely optional. Your call either way!

Note for international customers: I need to declare the same value for Customs that I do for insurance... please keep this in mind and tell me how much to declare as the value of your package. Up to $100 insurance coverage can be included in your shipment at no extra charge, more insurance would cost you additional, Please let me know if you wish that.

Enjoy, folks! Hope this light finds a good home and serves its new owner well.

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Milky L1 Special Reserve L2 Head K2-TFFC on Four-Flats Body

BTW, my CPF PM Inbox is very close to full. If you cannot send me PM over here, send me PM on CPF Marketplace and/or email me here...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

Groundhog66

Banned

Sweet, this one really should be mine......but I already have a tab going.....:naughty:

BTW, what is the difference between an L1 and L2 head?:thinking:

Last edited:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast

really nice one Scott.
I have one homemade dropin module K2 TFFC TWOF with UCL and it's beautiful creamy tint.
This won't last that long :)

skcheng

Newly Enlightened

Email sent!!

bxstylez

Enlightened

i'll be backup on this :naughty:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPF Milky L1 Special Reserve L2 Head K2-TFFC on Four-Flats Body

Scott,

Any update on my light (Sorry for the OT, your PM is full)

jeffb

skcheng

Newly Enlightened

I've had this light for a week now and it's great!!! Scott is a class act!!! Thanks for one of my favorite lights :grin2:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scott,

Any update on my light (Sorry for the OT, your PM is full)

jeffb

Jeff, thought you would be at PF10. Your light is sitting next to me and looks great... well, granted I'm biased but still... ;)

Give me a call when you have a chance, if you've still got my phone number... otherwise, I'll be in touch prior to shipping your light back to you.

I've had this light for a week now and it's great!!! Scott is a class act!!! Thanks for one of my favorite lights :grin2:

SK, very glad you like it! :eek: