Contact cleaner

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked up an old thread here about contact cleaners for flashlights. It was a year old so I figured I'd start a new one.

Anyway, I was cleaning some electronics in the shop at work with Deoxite D5 and sprayed some on the contact part of the lamp for my E2. Let it dry for about 20 min and presto... It was brighter by a small but noticable amount.

Does anyone else use products like this? Is it dangerous in the long run?

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Deoxit is great on flashlight threads, or anywhere there is metal to metal contact.

I use a small lab indicator bottle to dispense.

Progold is great on gold plated battery contacts.

--Phil

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilAlex:
Deoxit is great on flashlight threads, or anywhere there is metal to metal contact.

I use a small lab indicator bottle to dispense.

Progold is great on gold plated battery contacts.

--Phil
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had excellent results with Deoxit. It seems to maintain clean contact longer than other contact cleaners (Radio Shack, etc)

Brightnorm

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deoxit was reccomended by several audio equipment manufactures. It's what they use in their service departments. If it made this much difference in the E2 I can't wait to see what it does for the hundreds of contacts in mixing consoles!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know of a source here in the UK for Deoxit? Sounds like decent stuff, and it`s not like I`m short of flashlights in need of some :p