Ultrafire Stainless Steel C3 Q5 5-mode!

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Bummer....last thing I need is another battery type to worry about. Also $30 is hard to justify for an Ultrafire.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Here I was just gonna start a thread about the SS C3 Q5 I just ordered.. and you beat me to it! Did you order one?

Hopefully it will have a good regulator. The normal C3 5-mode was tested and found to be much brighter than the normal single mode model, lower in another test...

Now we have a SS Q5 model.. which may be as advantageous the normal 5-mode, and it will hold a protected 14500 3.7v battery. The normal model is said to not have enough room for my protected AW's but the SS model does. This is pretty near just what I been watching for. Again, I hope it is what may be a good small light for a belt carry.

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure this stainless Q5 C3 will take 1xAA but it just won't be that bright (check out reviews on the aluminum C3 Q5). It may be ok if they had an extension and you could use 2xAA's...otherwise, 14500 is the only way to go. I just don't think a AA has enough voltage to properly run a Q5....but I'm no expert. :shrug:

I'll wait to hear from the experts before I order this one...but I do love my original SS C3 :thumbsup:

mighty82

Enlightened
Haha :p No. I didn't order one yet. I need some more info first. The circuit in the 1-mode C3's seems to be a buck/boost circuit. It have to be when it can run in full regulation with the same output on both a 1.2v and a 3.7v battery. I guess this must be one of their buck only boards. That would mean no regulation on nimh/alkaline and bad regulation on 14500. (only down to 3.7v). If that's true, it sucks. :(

Wolf359

Enlightened
i have a fare few C3,s all single mode really do hate silly arse multimode lights with sos and strobe and no memory. i have no idea how many people use the c3 with 14500 but got it as an AA light cheap and easy to find batteries.
paying $9 more for 14500 only light seems retarded to me just get the original one, at least if you are using it with 14500 and the battery goes flat you have the option of buying some AA's to get up and running again if you don't have access to more 14500's.
but i spos there will always be those that want the extra lumins of the Q5 - 14500 combo.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Retarded here!

LOL me too!

I like the 14500 idea. It packs a punch for a small size, and it doesn't require a hard-on-battery-life boost circuit to up it's voltage to 3.7v in order to use the current crop of Q5-R2 crees and such. I can think of other reasons for not throwing away batteries after one use..

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
I just wanted to let everybody know that your "retarded and senile" comments were in jest. Re-reading my own reply I am not sure if my message came our right. I hope there was no missunderstanding.

- Vikas