The new KL1 Bezel - A couple of Photos

Size15's

Flashaholic
fc6ea526.jpg

fc6e79a4.jpg

I'm posting these to return the favour for photos of mine being posted here.

Also, because I think this new design is a practical refinement - SureFire listening to the feedback it gets.

Al

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a remarkably well made KL1. The one I have (old style) has very obvious glue marks on the second rib amongst other minor HA imperfections. I might just have to buy me another. I've contacted Surefire several times and every time I forget to see what, if anything, they can do about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
So when are KL2 and KL3 bezels going to be changed? I was about ready to buy a KL1 and now I'll have to find a place that has the new style. But my buddy was going to purchase a KL3 at the same time. I'm not sure if we should wait till the KL3 gets updated or not.

Mark

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes

The "scalloped" Bezel rim is so that you don't accidently put the SureFire bezel down on a surface while it is still on with the result that the batteries drain or the surface is damaged etc.

The profile of the scallops isn't like that of the Porcupine for example.

Al

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Why not change it on the incandescents first? After all, an LED left on while lens down is not going to represent any real burn threat, while the Lexan-lens-melting incandescents do. As well, its battery life would be compromised to a lesser extent than the 50- or 60-minute run times of the incans...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I don't know if I told SureFire about leaving my KL2 turned on and bezel-down on the dresser until it ran down before, but maybe some other people also set down their KL lights face-first while on, and that's what prompted the change.

Gets a bit expensive burning through those 123 batteries and having nothing to show for it except dead batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif