Anyone getting an E01 in orange?

Alero

Enlightened
My son is 4 1/2 years old and his favorite color is gold. I was going to get my daughter and my wife (yes, those are 2 separate people!) a blue and a purple one as gifts.
I also want to get one for my son.

Do you think he'll belive me if I tell him it's gold colored, or is it obviously orange? I just can't tell from the pictures.

Thanks!

mighty82

Enlightened
I'm probably going to get the orange one. But i'm waiting till i see some photos of the real colors. The photos on fenix-store looks manipulated. I have allready ordered the olive and black one though.

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
My son is 4 1/2 years old and his favorite color is gold. I was going to get my daughter and my wife (yes, those are 2 separate people!) a blue and a purple one as gifts.
I also want to get one for my son.

Do you think he'll belive me if I tell him it's gold colored, or is it obviously orange? I just can't tell from the pictures.

Thanks!

What a great gift! Honestly, the orange one looks more copper than gold. Your son will probably love it nonetheless and there's a good chance he'll think it's gold. I don't know of any 4 year old that doesn't love flashlights.

Just tell him there are different shades of gold depending on whether it's 10k, 14k, 18k, 24k, etc. Tell him the E01 is a shade of 10k/14k gold :whistle:

Besides, you don't have much of a choice...your other options are grey or silver.:shrug:

JB5

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered an orange one for myself and a purple one for my wife. I like it cuz its different and will go with the orange carabiner on that set of keys:)

MstrHnky

Enlightened
i ordered two orange EO1's.

i'll take whichever light is closer in color to my truck.

chevy colorado in sunburst orange metallic.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a sucker for metallic orange, so I pre-ordered one as soon as I saw the announcement. I'll do it again if they offer lime green.:poke:

YuccaPatrol

Newly Enlightened
Kids get enough misinformation as it is in school without us telling them orange is gold.

Any little kid would love a cool flashlight, even if it isn't exactly his favorite color.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wondering if they will actually be HA, Part of me is expecting them to be Type II+ like the lumapowers light that jsut came out.. Otherwise they will not be able to make vibrant colors at all...

supes

Enlightened
I'm definitely getting an orange one. An orange HA light that is EDCable? Just beautiful. I never thought Fenix would be the one to bring one out.

Looking forward to your pics, WadeF! :)

nbp

Flashaholic
I preordered an orange one on Monday, so Im eagerly counting down the days till they show. So much excitement about this light, should be fun as they all start showing up in two weeks or so. :party: