LED Pool Light

instinct

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am new to this part of the boards, but I frequent the laser section. Anyways.. I know this is not about flashlights.. but I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was (actually my father) was looking to get a color changing pool light in our pool. I was just wondering if you had any suggestions on about how bright it would need to be, or any reputable companies.. The pool is rectangular in shape.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Try this: http://www.haywardnet.com/inground/products/lighting/ColorLogic_LED_Pool_Lights.cfm

It looks pretty neat to me.

I saw this thread yesterday and wondered if you'd get any response.

I posted a how-to thread a few days ago on how I modified a plastic bodied dive light to accept a very bright Seoul P4 LED to make an incredible improvement, but not a single response.

Maybe both of us need to mention that we are Navy Seals and want to install a strike bezel on our pool and night snorkeling lights to attract more interest here? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited:

oregon

Enlightened
Strike Bezel! Now you have my attention. :D

The Hayward light takes pool lighting to a new level: psychedelic.

Piker that I am, I bot floating solar/nicad LED color changing clear resin globes from Costco about a year ago. They don't put out alot of light but people seem to like them. $30 for two. Don't see them @ Costco online. They work fine, haven't sunk, don't leak, travel around the pool with the flow and have small skirts to keep them from grinding on the edge. No complaints.

I noticed, only in passing, something similar (floating LED solar pool lights) at HomeDepot just yesterday in the solar outdoor lighting area.

oregon