Myo XP question

tposs01

Newly Enlightened
I am curious if anyone knows of a lens kit for the Myo XP? I would like the ability to use red or blue. I know Petzl makes other headlamps with this option, however, I like the brightness of the Myo. Perhaps the Myo is too bright for my occasional hunting/fishing/tactical excursions, and the Tactikka XP is a better choice?

Thanks for any info.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
There is no such thing as "too bright light" on this forum :]. AFAIK there is no color filter kit for Myo, but you can create it yourself, by cutting it from some transparent red/blue plastic.

hopkins

Enlightened
tposs01 - There is the Rayovac 1AA headlamp with 2 red 5mm leds, 1 blue 5mm
led and a 1watt luxeon type. Its small and is a good backup for the Myo Xp.

Think you could attach it to the Myo Xp headband easy.
hopkins

hopkins

Enlightened
this could work. you'd have the red and blue leds handy when needed.
myoXPRayovac1AA.jpg

Last edited:

whippoorwill

Enlightened
I am curious if anyone knows of a lens kit for the Myo XP? I would like the ability to use red or blue. I know Petzl makes other headlamps with this option, however, I like the brightness of the Myo. Perhaps the Myo is too bright for my occasional hunting/fishing/tactical excursions, and the Tactikka XP is a better choice?

Thanks for any info.

PT makes a small add on, the Pilot that you can put on your headband. It comes in red, green, yellow and white and works well. It is relatively inexpensive, running around $10 US.