LED lights and CR123 batteries

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there

Here in Brasil CR123 batteries are too expensive (aprox. 10 dollars each!) so I will buy a lot of batteries in a few weeks, right there in the US.

I will use them in my SF L1 Cree and in my new Lumapower IncenDio (both LED lights).

Questions:

Which brand do you guys recommend ?

I will probably buy them in Battery Junction.

Is there a difference between the Surefire CR123 battery and the Duracell Coopertop CR123 ?

I wanna buy one brand that offers a good relation between quality/power and cost.

Thanks a lot, in advance!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I forgot... I would like a "safe" brand, please. Those who have the minor chances to explode, or something like that...

Thanks!

1 what

Enlightened
I'm in Australia and the're expensive here as well.
I buy Panasonics from the Fenix Store.
Great price, rapid (free) delivery and never any problems.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
My use of CR123A's in LED lights has really diminshed over the past few years. I'm using AW's rechargeables almost exclusively now in my LED lights. It's my understanding that a single RCR123A works just dandy in both of the LED lights that you mentioned. Is this not a viable, more cost-effective option for you? In any event, I've gone through hundreds and hundreds of SF, Duracell and Streamlight CR123A's over the years without a single incident. Mostly, I use Streamlight CR123A's (primarily in an incandescent lights) these days because I have an inexpensive local source.

roymail

Enlightened
If rechargeables are not the solution you prefer, then I'd recommend you ask Matt at Battery Junction for his opinion given your situation. Best to you... :D

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... for now, I prefer primary cells.
Thanks for the tips.

I´m gonna ask Matt! :thumbsup:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
For both price & quality, it's hard to beat Surefire's in the 72-pack. $126 delivered anywhere in the USA.

I looked for any retailer who sells the SF batts for less than $126, and could find none, after probably two hours searching.

PayBack

Enlightened
I don't know enough to tell you what's good, but I do know enough about one brand that's bad. WF.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You might want to check out some of SilverFox's excellent threads in the "Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included" forum for info on various brands.

Personally, I stick with Duracells, Energizers and Surefires (in that order). When you can get the coppertop Duracells for ~$2 each from lighthound, I personally don't see the point in skimping on a few cents for cheapo brands.

vagalumi

Newly Enlightened
Hi federal LG

i live in Brazil too and the cr123 are expensive !
i know you like primary cells ,still IMO the best way is to go with protected 16340 batteries. take advantage while you in the U.S and buy a quality charger and plenty of rechargeable cells. I use only rechargeable 16340 ,14500,17670&18650 batteries and no problem so far.

hey , what city do you live in ? there is a battery store down town sao paulo ( centro) they got some good prices on cr123 about 10R$ each.