Surefire Millenium/Nitrolon Series Handgun Lights

seattlite

Enlightened
Hello,

Do the W1xx/P1xx series Handgun weapon lights work on Picatinny rails?

Also, are P1xx series lights full compatible with C/G/P series heads?

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Do the M1xx/P1xx series Handgun weapon lights work on Picatinny rails?
Nope. There is a 'bit' (I forget how to describe it) that gets in the way. One can dremel it off.
If you like I can send you some photos of this mod. I'm not back home until Sunday night so I won't be able to do it until then at the earliest.

Also, are P1xx series lights full compatible with C/G/P series heads?
No, I don't believe they are. I've never had the ability to try this out, and whilst some part of me is tempted to believe the bezel is interchangeable, most of me is pretty convinced that it, and the W1xx WeaponLights are specific to themselves only.
Note that the P60L/P61L (and I assume aftermarket LEDs too) do not work in the Nitrolon Series Handgun WeaponLights because the SF123A's are backwards.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's is right about the drop-ins not working in them.

I have tried the bezel from the nitrolon weaponlight and it will screw partly onto the 6P type bodies but the 6P type bezels Will Not screw onto the Nitrolon body.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So basically no SF Lego with the P1xx series? How about the C-series heads?

From this thread it looks like you can use M-Series heads on the W1xx series: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=193105

The light in that thread is my M111D.....Not a W-model

Yes....no c-series on the Pxxx

Size15's was refering to the Wxxx-series......not the Mxxx-series

The W117 for example, is a 6 volt with No Bezel compatability
The M111D is a 9 volt with M3/KT4/KL3 Bezel compatibility

Pxx? Nitrolon Series Handgun Weaponlight
016-2.jpg

W117 Military Handgun Weaponlight
038.jpg

M111D Military Series Handgun Weaponlight
018-3.jpg

Last edited:

seattlite

Enlightened
Ahh...now I get it. There are THREE version P/W/M and only the M1xx series has the ability to accept different bezels.

THANKS!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh...now I get it. There are THREE version P/W/M and only the M1xx series has the ability to accept different bezels.

THANKS!

Yes....The W-series are pretty darn rare! The M111's are slightly more common, but still very hard to come by. I sold the W117 for $650.00! It was hard to let it go:(, but I needed money and the price was right :eek:

I have 3 of the M111's:grin2:
M111-----Modified on a mill to fit on my XD without an adaptor, uses slider switch only--no DG or SL type attached
M111D----Disable
M111C----constant on

I use my modded one as a kind of stubby M6/M3

seattlite

Enlightened
Nope. There is a 'bit' (I forget how to describe it) that gets in the way. One can dremel it off.
If you like I can send you some photos of this mod. I'm not back home until Sunday night so I won't be able to do it until then at the earliest.
Note that the P60L/P61L (and I assume aftermarket LEDs too) do not work in the Nitrolon Series Handgun WeaponLights because the SF123A's are backwards.

Thanks Al...please send me some photos of the mod.

I didn't know that the P1xx's work in reverse polarity....that sucks, so no LED upgrade for the light. I guess I could always use a P91 and 2xRCR123's to get more output.

seattlite

Enlightened
I know there is a hex bolt but I was under the impression the remote switches were soldered in place under the cover ?

I just picked up new, never used M111 which has the slimline switch. There are 2 wires under the cover and the wires are soldered onto the body of the slimline switch. So, the slimline switch wasn't designed to be removable.

I'm pretty impressed with the 3 cell body of the M1xx weapon light. I've been playing Surefire Lego and found that the 3 cell body makes for a very nice holding and short 3 cell light. I attached a KT-4 on the M111 and mounted it on 92FS......weird. BUT, if for whatever reason you need to throw 225L using a pistol, I think this is the only solution. IMHO, the M1xx series would have made for a great long gun light.

Also, as Al pointed out earlier, one would also have to shave down a "tab" to make the light fit on a Picatinny Rails.

Anyone know the years that SF offered the P, W and M series pistol lights?

AR15Holic

Newly Enlightened
hi,
sorry I'm new, as you can see. Hope it's ok to post direct. If not give me a hint.

Anyone know the years that SF offered the P, W and M series pistol lights?

around 2002 havegot a M108 C for one week. great stuff but I'm looking for a tab switch. can I attach some or should I buy a new one
:thinking:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think they make a tab switch. You just gotta buy the P111 versions. I just found a P111C from a local gun shop. used for a pricey 180 but I wanted one for a while for my collection. they still have others int he store but MIB for 230.