Fenix Wish List

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
Fenix was apparently very responsive to consumer feedback on the T1 when they designed the TK10. This makes me think that they will listen to suggestions about their other lights.

I love my P2D and it's certainly not going to be my last Fenix (okay, the two E01s I ordered won't be my last Fenixes, either). There are two things I wish Fenix would offer as options.
  • I would love a pocket clip for the P2D. I would cheerfully pay a fair price for one as an option.
  • I would love a forward-clicky tailcap option. I'm sure that Fenix could design a multi-mode light with a forward-clicky and a good user interface. I would cheerfully pay a fair price for one as an upgrade. If I had to buy a new flashlight instead for this feature, it would be hard for me to pass up.
What else should we ask Fenix to do?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
A low low would be nice. A (removeable) clip as well.

I'm sure there are many others.

Turt

Enlightened
I'd like to see a AA version of the EO1. I don't understand why this has not been made by anyone yet (I've been waiting since the release of the CS LED). This would make an awesome camping light with super long runtime.

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix also listened to our suggestions about the E0. We wanted a better LED and more knurling - they made the E01 which seems even to exceed most expectations.. :)

pbs357

Enlightened
+1 on a low that is actually low, and a lower medium, as the P2D Q5 medium is not much lower than HIGH. I can't believe I'm saying it, but now that I carry it as an EDC, useful mode levels are a requirement! I'm not just blasting through the darkness for fun anymore, and a lower LOW, and lower Medium like on the P3D Q5 would not only be MUCH MUCH MUCH more useful, but it would extend battery life in emergency or no-spare-batts situations.

Hey also, how about a little knurling or at least a little deeper grooves on the bezel for mode changing?

Last edited:

Alero

Enlightened
A low low!

LOD with now PWM flickering

E01 in 1xAA form, and also in 1XC and 1xD form for emergency lights

Bring back natural color HA3!

Maybe a version of the E01 and LOD where the twisty is reversed. So screwed on tight is off and unscrewing turns it on. This would keep it from turning on in my pocket. It rarely happens, but it has happened on occation and run down my battery.

Hmmm....I guess that's it for me! Somebody actually gonna put a list together for them?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
A tactical series light that runs on AA. I wouldn't be using it for tactical reasons, but the ergonomics + AA light would be very nice.

Sevy

Newly Enlightened
- 1xAA, able to work with alkalines in a pinch, at least on the lower levels
- rugged + robust threading + deep knurling
- a very low low
- 3 or 4 settable levels
- please, NO PWM :sick2: (or at least very very fast)
- with a switch that can't turn on alone in your pocket

Well... somewhere between the E01 and the L1D. I've the feeling they are cooking up something ! :thumbsup:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
My top three:

1 x AA-a simpler L1D
-3 levels. 7-8 lumen low, 40-50 lumen medium, 120 lumen high.
-NO STROBE. NO SOS. NO 'TURBO'.
-Forward or Reverse Clicky.

1 x AAA - a simpler LOD:
-2 levels. 7-8 lumens, 75-80 lumens.
-NO STOBE. NO SOS. NO 'TURBO.'
-Simple twisty. Off-low-high-off.
-Make it in colors, like the EO1.

1 x CR123a: a 2-level P1-CE Q5 or R2.
-2 levels. 10-15 lumen low, 130 lumen high.
-NO STROBE. NO SOS.
-Simple twisty. Off-high-low-off.

And, just for fun:

Bring back the Civictor v1 in stainless, or at least, Olive, with a Cree Q5 or R2, and slightly more aggressive knurling. These lights are great on an L91.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L0d, L2D (with spare L1D body) and P3D. I love them all the way they are, but there's always room for improvements, so here they are:

(1) More rugged body (like E01) with knurling - with the short bodies of L1D and P3D, they get slippery when your hands are wet. I dropped my P3D when I was trying to turn the flashlight on ... just pushed it right out of my hands :(

(2) Forward clicky switch - and bigger switch

(3) Removable bezel down clip

(4) Move SOS to the turbo mode - I would rather the normal mode to be low > high and the turbo mode to have max > sos. I personally don't find much use for medium and strobe

I would buy another P3D in a heartbeat with these implements :twothumbs

HKJ

Flashaholic
(4) Move SOS to the turbo mode - I would rather the normal mode to be low > high and the turbo mode to have max > sos. I personally don't find much use for medium and strobe

I would prefer if they replaces sos with an emergency strobe (Like NovaTac). It is a slow strobe, one short full power flash each second.