Such an animal: AAA 80 lumens LED Keychain?

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
Never had a AAA keychain LED flashlight.

Does such an animal exist with 80 or so lumens?

I would like to gift a few to non-flashaholics plus one for myself.

TIA,

Andy

Marduke

Flashaholic
LOD Q4 puts out 75 lumens for an hour. With the right battery (not recommended by the manufacturer), you can easily more than double that.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess those Kaidomain AAA "buckle lights" put out 80 lumens or so. I'm not sure how the QC is on them, though. Supposedly, they're getting better.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Looks right. I'm able. Any 2-stage LED light, not to put noobies through troubled paces?

Andy

The LOD is really easy to use. Just twist on. If you want a different mode, just twist it off and back on. Want another mode, do it again. It's VERY simple.

If you're worried about it's "idiot proofness", you can buy just one for yourself, see if you like it, and get more later if it's everything you thought it would be.

Don't forget the coupon CPF8 at Fenix-Store.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
One problem with any high power AAA light, is that alkalines just won't work with it- either L92 energizer lithium AAA's, or NiMH rechargeables. With alkies, the current draw is too high for them to maintain, dramatically reducing runtime. This means that any high power AAA light is not an option if you're going to give it to non-flashaholics, unfortunately.

Although it's less bright, the fenix E01 will run much better off an alkaline AAA, though it won't put out nearly as much light as the l0d on high, 10 lumens is realistically enough for most tasks.

Last edited:

bp044

Enlightened
I'd guess those Kaidomain AAA "buckle lights" put out 80 lumens or so. I'm not sure how the QC is on them, though. Supposedly, they're getting better.

I bought this light. Never worked properly, Sent back to Kaidoman. he emais that he cant find it.I'm beat for $ 15 . I would never buy anything from him again

HKJ

Flashaholic
One problem with any high power AAA light, is that alkalines just won't work with it- either L91 energizer lithium AAA's, or NiMH rechargeables. With alkies, the current draw is too high for them to maintain, dramatically reducing runtime. This means that any high power AAA light is not an option if you're going to give it to non-flashaholics, unfortunately.

I do not agree with that, I have been using my L0D with alkalines for some months now and have no problems. :twothumbs

The only problem with alkalines is if your want to use the light for some time at full power, short burst (i.e. a few minutes at a time) with full power is no problem.