SSC P4 - Which Reflector 16mm - 18mm?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I need help deciding which reflector to use with a SSC P4 for an EDC mod for mid to close range lighting.

The beam characteristics I like the most is a McR-18 with a LuxIII.

Reflectors I'm currently using:

SSC P4 with IMS17: Nice tight beam but more for throw.

SSC P4 with McR18-Seoul: Large hotspot, a little too floody for my taste, great for close up lighting.

SSC P4 with McR-18 (standard): Tighter hotspot, dimmer spill, don't know but something about it seems like it's not in perfect focus?

SSC P4 with Khatod17 Smooth: Too floody, don't like it.

I haven't bothered trying the Khatod17 Strippled, may be too much flood?

How is the beam with a McR-16? Are there any other reflector options that I have? :thinking:

Wok

Newly Enlightened
Tried the khatod20 SMO, floodier then the IMS20. Haven't tried the Ledil optics yet[still in package]...maybe not suitable as its cubic in shape.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Bump. Anyone?

What do you guys prefer to use in you Arc LS mods?

I just got another LSH-P & was planning to leave it stock since I don't have a stock one but nah, leave it stock for what. It's getting modded too.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I very much like the Khatod 17 smooth with the SSC P4 in my 2 Arc LSs. They fit right in, they are smoother than the IMS 17, and I like the flood with smooth transition to smallish hot spot. I think this is good for close/mid EDC work. I tried the stippled and the total output dropped dramatically with little hot spot. They are very rough finish.

I also have a Khatod 20 smooth in a magmod, and the beam width is similar but the transitions to hotspot is more gradual and larger. I like it.

I have 2 old KL1s with IMS17s/SSC-P4s, and they seem about like the Khatod 17s but with a blotchier beam/more artifacts.

All of these mods have the reflector firmly sitting on the LED body.