Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female

• None of your business :-)

• Total voters

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides Sasha and newbie Hayley(Welcome!), any other ladies frecuent CPF´s?

I have always thought that the majority of CPF members are male, since it is more common for us guys to talk about things like lights, knifes, guns etc.

Do ladies like lights as much as we do to become members?

Alex

Lara

Newly Enlightened
One more! I just joined because of this very thread!
A work colleague told me about the forum and the
unacceptable low number of women. I don't think that
I am a flashaholic, but I do possess nine flashlights,
so I think I should at least qualify as a novice.

BTW: Craig, I visited The LED Museum a lot in the past
and I think you're doing a great job. I like your 'chaotic'
workplace/lab. Keep up the good work!

Darell

Flashaholic
Hmmm. "Ladies" or women? Females? Might make a difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There was a time when the answer was ZERO. Looks like we're up to whopping three now. Besides getting rid of the likes of me, how do we attract more of the infinitely fairer gender?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
welcome lara! does this work friend happen to be a member?

i'm sure you'll be a flashaholic soon enough...it's hard work, but very enlightening /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Lara said:
BTW: Craig, I visited The LED Museum a lot in the past
and I think you're doing a great job. I like your 'chaotic'
workplace/lab. Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Lara!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm a bit behind these days because of a several month hospital stay (a (crash course in) brain surgery), but my "chaotic" workspace is as chaotic today as it was last September, or the September before that, or the September before that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(Hey... didn't Metallica do "crash course" back in the 1980s on their Garage Days Re-Re-Visited tape?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You've got nine flashlights?
I think anyone that owns more than one, and signs onto a flashlight board qualifies as a Flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
No problems there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lara said:
I don't think that I am a flashaholic, but I do possess nine flashlights...

BTW: Craig, I visited The LED Museum a lot in the past...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, hmm. Yes, you are one of us. I think the fact that you have visited Craig's site a lot, by itself , qualifies you.

Welcome, Photon sister. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(I am curious as to which 9 lights you own.)

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
FalconFX, although I cannot speak for Kimchi, the avatar in his/her profile is that of actress Maggie Cheung. I think Kimchi's first name is Lars, which is believe is a male name in Sweden. I could be mistaken though. Kimchi, care to chime in and I apologize in advance if I have spoken out of sequence.

Ed Einstein / NJ USA

Blikbok

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
Everyone get their GF's addicted!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried. Walked her to her car with my PT Aurora before asking her out. (And she still said yes!) Gave her an Opalec as a present before a camping trip. My first CMG Ultra took up permanent residence in her purse. After every date, I walked her to her door by the light of my E1/KL1. Went for nighttime walks by LED light:

Blikbok: "See those glowing pairs of dots?"
GF: "Yes."
Blikbok produces SF 6Z and illuminates entire field.
Sixteen Deer look petrified.
Blikbok: "Those are deer."

However, she has informed me that she cannot possibly be Mrs. Blikbok. Oh, well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

WTT: NIB Engagement Ring for SF M3T or M6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chips Ahoy!

That's what threw me off...

I'm confuuuused.....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Lars is definitely a dude and a double E in an outstanding Phd. program in a killer department I would rather him let us know about if he wishes.

I'll tell you who knows there are many more than a few "Photon Sisters" (excellent nickname, shankus) among us. The Modifiers that allow us to buy lights.

Lara -

Along with the rest, welcome to CandlePowerForums.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my gf interested in lights. I also forced her to remember every flashlight model she takes of mine. Currently it is the E1e+Kl1 combo cause its ''so cute.'' But she knows how I feel about Maglites. She knows the lumens and runtime of the P60 and P61. She also has an ARC on her keychain.I am so proud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
Hello there boys and girls,

[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Isn't Kimchi another "femme fatale"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha! This one had me laugh out loud, although I'm at work right now where I share a room with two other blokes.

I too was curious of the number of female members which is why I visited this thread, but never could I guess you'd be discussing me here. So to set the record straight:

I am not a girl.

Oh dear...I haven't had to point that out since I was five and my longish hair made me look sufficiently ambi-sexual for a big hot dog salesman to ask my mother how old her daughter was....very traumatic experience...

Rothrandir could have assisted here too, seeing as he has already hit on me, hahaha! Smooth going there Roth... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Einstein, my avatar photo is indeed of Maggie Cheung, one of my favourite actresses. Hat tip: In the Mood for Love. Fantastic movie by Wong Kar Wai. Somehow it didn't make it to my top eleven as posted here: All Time Favorite Movies?. Might have to rectify that.

And yes, my real name is Lars, a fairly common male name in Sweden, though usually with people ten years older than me. Not that I am young though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

But guys, seriously, if I looked like Maggie Cheung I'd have people sending me flashlights for free rather than having to fork out hard earned $$ all for myself, wouldn't I? Hmm, wait a minute...

Icebreak, not sure how you knew that, but it's basically true. I'm not sure about the "double E" thing though? But yes, I'm doing a Ph.D. in Operations Research at Lund University, Sweden. Which is where I am right now btw, so better get back to work ASAP.

Btw, my GF is soon to receive her first flashlight. Will report back on her reactions, if printable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now could we have some real girls chip in please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in actual tears here. Best I can do is BTTT:

[ QUOTE ]
kimchikungfu said:
Now could we have some real girls chip in please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lara

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shankus said:

(I am curious as to which 9 lights you own.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It all started with a Led Lenser V9. Then I worked my way
up to an Inova X5T.

Led Lenser V9 & V2-Moon & V8-360°, Streamlight Keymate, Mag Solitaire, CMG Infinity Ultra, Inova X5T, Energizer Double Barrel AA, Mag 6-Cell D.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hey! it was an honest mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

but since we know you're a girl lara... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I have tried with my wife and daughter but am not having much success. I may be getting close though...My daughter (14) went to a church retreat and was told to bring a flashlight for a game of nighttime hide and seek in the forest. She told me she needed a light so I asked her which one she wanted to take and she said, "It doesn't matter." I decided a good lesson was in order so I sent her with a Mag AA (non-mod) When she got back home she was all over me for sending her with a wimpy light. I reminded her of her words, "It doesn't matter". She gave me back the Mag and took my Scorpion. She is now VERY aware of the difference. She says she can't wait for next years trip, she is planning on taking my Tigerlight FBOP with an "underpowered" Scorpion as a backup. I think I may be onto something. When I asked here who had the most powerful torch she described a Mag 4D. He-he, next year should be fun. My wife has started carrying the Pelican M-6 in the glovebox of her car. Time will tell but the seed has been planted.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ah ... started with LedLensers. that is good. a lot of wise and respected people have done so ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard