Monthly special on Scorpion

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Jt.

Get your flame suit on! Botach is not a popular name on CPF! Some folks really get upset at the mear mention of the NAME.
rolleyes.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Botach is a hit or miss deal. Some people get their order just fine and some have the order with items missing or used or any number of things that can go wrong. This happens to any dealer sometimes but where Botach really stand out is they will not make good on the mistakes. You end up eating it. They will not respond to emails and if you call them they just argue with you. They have NO customer service. Roll the dice and use them if you want. I will not use them now after hearing about the costly mistakes by many of our members here even though they has shipped my three orders correctly in the past. Hope this helps. You can do a search to read the stories if you wish.
Good luck.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank You for the info. I am a Manager at an Audio Visual firm, and I bought all of our Techs Scorpions about 14 total, plus I have purchased a lot of Batteries and other items from them. They have only messed up one order, they shorted me 20 CR123A's I called them and the sent them right out along with some extra batteries at no charge. So it sounds like I have been Lucky.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
UB123A sounds like Universal Battery they only started branding batteries about a year ago so they have to be newer than that if they are Universal

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
I bought Scorpion+20-Toshiba-123's from Botach, $27+$20 ($8 ship). Order went smoothly. I had a problem with another Botach order, not entirely their fault, they made good on it (returned at their expense) and were very polite. I'm still on the original batteries on the Scorpion, so can't comment on the quality of the Toshibas.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is possible that they respond better to large users. Did you check the dates on your batteries? They have also been known to sell old stock.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used a lot of them and they seen to hold up. I can not find a date on the 123's should it be right on the Battery ?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is as far as I can carry this. Will some 123 battery person jump in here? I have some China made UB123A's with no date but they were free. The Surefire, Maxell and Duracell's have dates.